User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2020, 10:22 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Epidemiologists seeking truck drivers for research

Researchers from Lakehead University in Ontario, Canada are currently conducting a 7-11 minute survey on the mental health of long-haul truck drivers. These researchers would like to hear drivers’ perspectives on their health, mental health, and personal stressors at work. Truckers who fully complete the survey can participate in a draw to receive a $100 CAD VISA gift card (~$75 USD). The study is currently looking for U.S. truck drivers but Canadian drivers can also participate.

Why?
The researchers of this study believe that it is important to understand which factors at work (such as being away from home) may be a source of stress for long-haul truck drivers and whether these factors may impact their mental health. The results of this study may be used to encourage improvements in the industry, such as better trucking policies and practices for long-haul truck drivers.

Who can participate?
Any and all commercial truck drivers from the U.S. and Canada over 18 years of age, with or without any mental health symptoms, can participate in this study.
Truckers of any legal residency status (including immigrants) are also encouraged to participate.

Will answers be confidential?
Yes. This survey will be strictly confidential for everyone. No personally identifiable information will be analyzed or shared. The survey is approximately 10-minutes long and is conducted completely online. All final results will be presented as summed averages so it will not be possible to single out anyone.

For any questions on the study, please contact the survey director at [email protected].

The survey is available at the following link: https://lakeheadhs.co1.qualtrics.com...nn7LwybtvrNaM5.

EDIT: PLEASE message me before deleting this/banning me if this counts as advertising. Also let me know if you would need more information about the study, or proof as to the identify of myself and my professor. My professor and I are simply trying to find ways to get American truckers for our study online, as we are based in Canada!

Last edited by NyashaM; 02-10-2020 at 11:24 PM. Reason: details
Old 10-09-2020, 10:53 PM
Rookie

))))))))))))))

Tags
depression, mental health, survey, truck drivers, truckers