Old 08-05-2004, 08:22 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleman2
ok lets look at better wages say company H has a .44 cpm but only runs you 1500 miles a week thats the company avg. thats only 660 a week were as company xyzpdq pays .27 cpm and you get on avg. 2500 miles a week you only get 675 not much difrents there what I see is companies that say they pay high don't give miles and companies that pay low run you in to the ground. I get paid per mile plus percentage of what the route make per week. So it pays well.
Exactly.....why would you drive a 1000 miles for free?
Old 08-05-2004, 10:13 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

He is probably talking about alot of companys so called route miles they give you. Say it is 1500 miles from point A to point b where you are to deliver. That is what the company tells you. But after you drive it and look at your speedo or hub it is actually 1650. After awhile those extra add up. Alot of companys pay that so called rand mcNally miles or post office to post office crap. I have actually told a company I worked for to route me just exatually how they wanted me to go road for road tyrn for turn and I would prove there system was bad. Did that a few times and It averaged atleast 15% more than what they said and that was going by there routing.
Old 08-18-2004, 02:47 AM

Sanchez, did your expierement change anything? did it change the companies look at routing and milage?
Old 08-19-2004, 04:57 PM
Rookie

There is only a shortage of good drivers willing to work for crappy wages. You can quote me on that!!!

Pay enough and the rest of the problems will work themselves out. Drivers are standing in line to work for a company that will keep them on the road for a year away from their families and civilization. I'm sure there are a few that are doing it for duty and adventure, but even with those, money is a close second.

There are plenty of drivers that don't have a family. Professional Nomads. Pay them enough and you won't have to worry about job hopping.

Getting drivers back home once in a while can't be as complicated as companies make it out to be.

There are plenty of jobs besides trucking that keep you on the road and away from your family. Truck drivers don't have exclusive rights on that. But other jobs PAY. PAY PAY PAY PAY PAY PAY PAY PAY.
Old 11-23-2004, 12:56 AM
Board Regular

Why is it so hard to pay a driver for the work he does?

I think the cmp + commision on the route is a good idea. It makes sure you get a paycheck, and also gives the driver an incentive to do a job well.

I use to work for southeast toyota in Jacksonville, FL. We got paid $4.75/hr to start. I was their for almost 2 years because it was steady work, and the better of the jobs Ive ever had plus benefits.

I suggested to my supervisor that it would be a good idea to pay every driver some money per car that they staged(Gas up, send to the proper shop, etc). Considering how much toyotas cost, 50 cents added to the price of each car was negligible, but would be a big impact on our paychecks, because we staged a TON of cars and trucks, per week.

I gave some ways to police the system in my letter, so none would be tempted to snag from a car the sticker(each staging of a vehicle was done by what the car had on it's manifest, and was taken off and placed on a sheet by the installer/stager/gaser on their board)

She gave it a thought, then put it aside, never to be heard about again. :roll: