User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2009, 09:15 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Will I ever drive again

Wii this is my story.I had a accident on 02/20/08 (ran off the road put it back on jacknife) the company I was driveing for took me for a drug and alcohol test (they was 3 different police agency on the scene none of them tested me for anything). I find out later that I test positive for alcohol. My fomer employer asks me to attend the SAP program went it was very rewarding for the problem I was going through ( Mother death). I pulled my accident report,DAC and Driving records for the state I use to live in and my current driving record and nothing on neither about alcohol or drugs.I had a friend of mine to have his company to pull my information and this what came up my former company said I had drugs and alcohol in my system.I hate taking prescription drugs so I know it wasn't any drugs in my system.Will I ever drive again? It was said if I was a man this would be over by now and I'll be back to work by now. DRIVERS I NEED YOUR HELP ASAP.
THX, BAD DRIVER
Old 02-03-2009, 11:45 PM
Water Board Administrator
Senior Board Member

What? No one wants to be first?
Old 02-04-2009, 12:19 AM
Senior Board Member

i really like peanut butter. especially with granulated sugar mixed with it. even more so with the salmonella.

to the op: good luck, sir. i doubt you'll be driving tractor-trailers anytime soon.
Old 02-04-2009, 02:57 AM
Senior Board Member

Wow, That is going to be tough. You made the statement "It was said that if I were a man this would have been over and you would be back to work by now" If you are a female do you think that your gender would make any difference in your situation? I say no. Companies can start being picky about who they hire and the drivers with clean records are going to get prefernce.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:38 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad driver View Post
Wii this is my story.I had a accident on 02/20/08 (ran off the road put it back on jacknife) the company I was driveing for took me for a drug and alcohol test (they was 3 different police agency on the scene none of them tested me for anything). I find out later that I test positive for alcohol. My fomer employer asks me to attend the SAP program went it was very rewarding for the problem I was going through ( Mother death). I pulled my accident report,DAC and Driving records for the state I use to live in and my current driving record and nothing on neither about alcohol or drugs.I had a friend of mine to have his company to pull my information and this what came up my former company said I had drugs and alcohol in my system.I hate taking prescription drugs so I know it wasn't any drugs in my system.Will I ever drive again? It was said if I was a man this would be over by now and I'll be back to work by now. DRIVERS I NEED YOUR HELP ASAP.
THX, BAD DRIVER
The charge of DUI generally goes like this;

Driving Under the Influence of Drugs and/or Alcohol.

That is probably what you are reading on your MVR.

You may want to consider another line of work.

Good Luck
Old 02-04-2009, 07:23 PM
Rookie
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creek Jackson View Post
The charge of DUI generally goes like this;

Driving Under the Influence of Drugs and/or Alcohol.

That is probably what you are reading on your MVR.

You may want to consider another line of work.

Good Luck
Thats what I'm saying it not on none of my records.It's coming from my former employer.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:58 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad driver View Post
Thats what I'm saying it not on none of my records.It's coming from my former employer.

That's because you failed a company issued drug/aclohol test that was issued as follow up after the accident...Now if you were not drinking then Certainly attempt to resolve the issue with false positive testing ...If you were drinking then consider a 7 year break .

I honestly think anyone who drinks while driving OTR has alcohol addiction issues ...Most companies have a no Alcoholic beverae in the truck rule ,which just having a beer in the cab means you're flirting with termination if caught even if on a 34hr ,and then your dac is screwwwwed ,So inorder to take the risk I beleive a person has got to have addiction issues ,which means they can't be trusted to be sober while driving either.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:27 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Well, let's see...

You lost control of the rig, went off the road and jackknifed.

Cops at the scene did not test you for alcohol or drugs... (not their responsibility)

The company sent you for a drug and alcohol test, but... Was this at the scene or when you got back to the terminal? It it was within a couple of hours after your mishap, you do have a problem. If it was after you got back to the terminal, say a couple of days later, and you THEN tested positive, it's another matter.

Testing positive a couple of hours after the accident suggests that you were under the influence when driving and may well have been a factor. So, what you did not say... Did you have "ONE FOR THE ROAD" before you started driving? Or did you have a couple to calm your nerves on your way back to the terminal by bus?

We've got about half the story here, and if they're saying, and have documentation, that you were tested positive for alcohol, it may be 7 years or more before you will ever drive a commercial vehicle again. Can't say you'll even get a job driving a taxi now.

More information would be helpful. Did you have alcohol in the truck with you? How long after your accident did they test you?

Old 02-09-2009, 04:02 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
Well, let's see...

You lost control of the rig, went off the road and jackknifed.

Cops at the scene did not test you for alcohol or drugs... (not their responsibility) . .

. . More information would be helpful. Did you have alcohol in the truck with you? How long after your accident did they test you?
I'm working off the inferences, here. I'm guessing it was a disabling jacknife, otherwise, why would the cops (necessarily) be there? If it was disabling, the whiz quiz would have been mandatory. At this point, I would have to say we have a lucky poster. It sounds like only the DAC has been effected. Which is good for us because he/she can't get a job in a CMV (well, some at least). We'll still need to be vigilant as to his/her personal vehicle.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:32 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdswans View Post
I'm working off the inferences, here. I'm guessing it was a disabling jacknife, otherwise, why would the cops (necessarily) be there? If it was disabling, the whiz quiz would have been mandatory. At this point, I would have to say we have a lucky poster. It sounds like only the DAC has been effected. Which is good for us because he/she can't get a job in a CMV (well, some at least). We'll still need to be vigilant as to his/her personal vehicle.
Accident I had in CO, back in '98, the woman in the 4-wheeler got a flight for life to Denver Hospital. I was the one asking where I could donate a sample for testing. The LEO told me that it was not their responsibility. But, one officer did show me where I could park the truck, and gave me a ride to the local hospital for testing. After I had already donated, the company informed me that I would have to be tested. I let them know that the sample was already given, and the breathalizer came up "0".

It's been a few years, but at that point, no, it was not mandatory. It was simply a way for myself and the company to cover ourselves. The fact that the woman in the hospital also got the ticket didn't hurt us either.