View Poll Results: Do you want board reputation to be activated?
Yes? 21 47.73%
No? 4 9.09%
Don't really care 19 43.18%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2008, 10:39 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago View Post
I could disagree with that statement. Most people hate me during my first encounter with them,
And the rest of us learn to hate you after we've known you for some time! :lol2:

Just kidding Rev!

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:59 PM
Board Icon

:batman:

Quote:
The way I have it set up so far is that long time posters will carry more weight than newbie posters and you cannot multi-hit a poster. You have to have, at this point, 20 other poster hits before you can hit a poster for a 2nd time and I can change that to whatever I want.
So.... are you calling me FAT?? :hellno:

Seriously, you mean I have to slam 20 innocent posters before I can slam one who deserves it? Um.... not picking a fight here but, right now we only HAVE about 20 active posters... regardless of what the stats say.
And so, if TWO of them deserve slamming, I can't reach 20 slams, because I can't slam the other innocent ones TWICE until I slam 20 MORE?? Okay, well.... I guess we could dredge up old posts and slam those who aren't HERE anymore. Sorry, but either lower the number dramatically, or this won't work.

Quote:
So there's no worries about getting gang-banged by anyone and suddenly ending up with a bad rep. And even if the rep is bad, it'll still be part of the funny pages.
I'm already IN the funny pages! :lol2:

Quote:
I guess my biggest reason for considering it is just to liven things up a bit and take advantage of some of the bells and whistles that v-bulletin has. I added the smilies last night, which colors the board a bit more. If I do this, it'll be for the same reason...fun. In the end, this is still just a messageboard and should be just that...fun.
I'm all for more fun! But, I noticed that all your examples of "reps" were negative. And I don't think the 20 slam requirement is possible. Other than that.... what do I care? If the same member can't slam me twice without slamming 20 others first, my "street cred" could IMPROVE!! :clap:

Deal a hand! Let's play it out! Like you said, you can BAN it if you don't like the hand you get! Oops.... I mean.... if you don't like how it works out! :smokin:

Old 10-24-2008, 01:26 PM
Silly Goose
Senior Board Member

so, have you decided yet? i don't even think i have a rep on this board. at least, not that i know of.

"Remember, if you don't do it this year, you'll be one year older when you do." - Warren Miller
Old 10-24-2008, 02:11 PM
Board Icon

If Twilight Flyer decides to turn it on, I am sure it will be interesting.

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 10-24-2008, 02:15 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379 View Post
If Twilight Flyer decides to turn it on, I am sure it will be interesting.
I think there will be more hype in the expectation of it, then there will be in the actual feature. Delay as long as possible,

Once the nestaligia of it wears off it will be just one more over looked visual aid. IMHO. whatever that is worth, less then 2 cents I suppose.
Old 10-24-2008, 04:05 PM
Senior Board Member

All those in favor? Ya.....

all those aposed? na.....

Let the record reflect the

Ya's have it.:clap:

Now then let the REP's begin!:ranting::argue::guitar::flame::banana2:
Old 10-24-2008, 04:14 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

There's a little scale up in the right hand corner of a post. Click on that to add or subtract reputation points for a poster.

The rep is seen by little green or red balls up on the right hand side of your post. If you're in the green, you're positive. If you're in the red, you're negative. If you mouse over those little balls, it'll tell you what the rep level is associated with.

I took the liberty of inputing a few reps just to see what it looked like. Hobo, I set yours to -500. You're OK with that, right?

Everyone is weighted according to things like positive reputation, number of posts, length of time as a member on the board, etc.

Couple of things.

1. A poster has to have 50 posts before they can hit someone's reputation, either positive or negative.

2. You can give 10 reputation hits in 24 hours.

3. You have to hit other people 10 times before you can hit the same person again. So technically, you can hit the same person once a day.

We do reserve the right to shut down the reputation thing at any time and I will probably tweak the numbers as time goes by. At this point, we're just testing out whether it's going to be a good addition to the board or not. Play with it all you want right now and let me know what you think.

Old 10-24-2008, 04:33 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

To clarify the weight comment, that means that posters that have been here a while, have good reputations, have a lot of posts, etc...their reputation clicks are worth more.

Hobo, I'll change yours back, but before I do, do me a favor first. There is a negative limit before your clicks don't register. Do me a favor and rate someone and let me know if it gives you a success message.

Also, reputations do not have anything to do with warnings, getting banned, put in time out, or anything like that. It's just a little rating system fun, nothing more.

Old 10-24-2008, 04:50 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer View Post
There's a little scale up in the right hand corner of a post. Click on that to add or subtract reputation points for a poster.

The rep is seen by little green or red balls up on the right hand side of your post. If you're in the green, you're positive. If you're in the red, you're negative. If you mouse over those little balls, it'll tell you what the rep level is associated with.

I took the liberty of inputing a few reps just to see what it looked like. Hobo, I set yours to -500. You're OK with that, right?

Everyone is weighted according to things like positive reputation, number of posts, length of time as a member on the board, etc.

Couple of things.

1. A poster has to have 50 posts before they can hit someone's reputation, either positive or negative.

2. You can give 10 reputation hits in 24 hours.
What a tease, 10 .... damit I was just getting started and I have to wait? :bs::cry: ah well.... It was fun.:clap:
Old 10-24-2008, 05:41 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Hmm..... I'm a little slow, but I'm not sure I understand. You mean I can HIT someone without actually responding to their post? I would think it should require a response.... not "just" a hit. Just asking!

Quote:

:rofl: Well, I WAS wondering how I got sent to Hell so quickly!

I'll SEE if I can comply with your request in your next post, but I gotta find the "g" spot first!

And as long as you're just testing..... don't change mine yet. I'd like to see if anything I or anyone else does can save me from Hell!

[Hobo is looking for a button to slam Batman while responding to this post.]