Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2008, 07:01 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Been in a wreck?

Ok so I haven't started a poll in this new CAD system but I am giving it a whirl. In my Med class we were discussing trama and such so I thought it could be a good thread. Of course it is a touchy subject not everyone who is in a wreck makes it out of one
Old 10-21-2008, 07:13 PM
Senior Board Member

I will give the details of mine. Four lane highway, I am 17 years old had my oldest son in the back seat and a passanger. For reasons I can't say I lost control of the 86 Ford Mustand. It was an automatic dark red v6. It was pretty late at night I don't know the time exactly but late. So well, I know why I lost control it didn't have ABS brake system and I did a hard stomp on the brake, they locked up, the car T-boned the side of the bridge I was on. It was a bridge with no sides just the concrete barriers.

I honestly thought we went over because it went from the loud sound of the motor and me screaming to ....total silence and pitch black. In my mind I was just waiting to feel the water and I was planning to jump in the back to get Ethan out. Then I realized we weren't over but with a head on into the side it killed the battery and entire motor system. First thing I did was get my door open (it did thankfully) and run around to check on Ethan.

That's when my passanger friend looked at me, I guess my face was green and blood was running out of my nose. Luckily there was no traffic at that point or it could have been much worse, since we had no lights or anything for anyone to see up. After hitting the guard the mustang went back into the lane of traffic. Finally someone stopped. And I will never forget thinking I was going to die and this sweet heart of a man and I think someone else prayed for me.

Well I lived only a broken nose, two black eyes, a few bruises and my first and only arrest.
I will save that nugget for another poll,k.

Last edited by Trukrswyfe; 10-21-2008 at 07:19 PM.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:45 AM
Board Icon

I have been in three. One where my girlfriend saved my life just by being there (and making me sit closer to her than the side of the car,) one where seatbelts probably saved my life... and one where I died. Well..... you can't win 'em all!

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:42 AM
Senior Board Member

Anyone here that drives a Cascadia,Columbia or century can answer yes to ever having been...IN...a wreck
Old 10-22-2008, 02:15 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I've been in two, and nothing I could do about either one.

First one, on I-76, in CO, a woman pulled off the shoulder in front of me, and I sent her to the hospital with a "FLIGHT FOR LIFE". She did survive.

Second one, a drunk driver in a commercial vehicle ran me off the road and I got rolled over. He had nine other trucks on his score-card that night, and they didn't get him until he killed a police officer and a woman motorist.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:33 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeTURBO View Post
I've been in two, and nothing I could do about either one.

First one, on I-76, in CO, a woman pulled off the shoulder in front of me, and I sent her to the hospital with a "FLIGHT FOR LIFE". She did survive.

Second one, a drunk driver in a commercial vehicle ran me off the road and I got rolled over. He had nine other trucks on his score-card that night, and they didn't get him until he killed a police officer and a woman motorist.

That's horrific Wind,

We have one FireFighter/Paramedic in our class so he brought pictures from one of his most recent calls. Gotta love the Fire Fighters they take some pretty nice pics.:thumbsup:. It was structure fire, total loss, but no injuries. Man I miss fighting fire. I had some good calls. I didn't do Med calls, I was too green, and the only thing that came in while I was on duty was a child in a pool. Passed on that one.

I think every person male/female should volunteer fire fight/first respond when they turn eighteen. It really makes you stop taking life for granted earlier rather then later.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:27 PM
Senior Board Member

I've been in 3 actual wrecks. I was driving in one of them- that was about 12 or so years ago. I totaled the truck but, thank God, no one else was involved. It never got on my record- the judge threw it out and the wreck doesn't exist.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:00 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweety bird View Post
I've been in 3 actual wrecks. I was driving in one of them- that was about 12 or so years ago. I totaled the truck but, thank God, no one else was involved. It never got on my record- the judge threw it out and the wreck doesn't exist.

Those are the better kinds of wrecks. I wasn't wearing the "good old seat belt" Luckily for me the rear view mirror knocked me down and face plant into the dash.
Otherwise I would have for sure went throw the windshield on my way to nice swim.

So when the police showed up, I copped to no seat belt.
One charge..... I was mailed the fine showed up to court. The judge asked me about my grandpa and told me to go. End of story???? I thought so but no.

Months later I receive another charge via the mail for Neg. Driving in the 1st degree. That carries a stiff penalty but no automatic lawyer. I was only 17 and pissed.:angryblue:
I did lose control I will admit to that, but not due to anything with in my control.
And no I am not making an excuse I am merely omitting the at fault party.

Anyhow I have to be booked, finger printed, photo graphed, ....
People should know this would be one reason I am sooo glad I never marked my body. If you do have any specific markings ie tatoos or piercings, they will document and photograph ALL of them.:thumbsup:.
No thanks, I'll be passing on that..

Well in court they couldn't get me to confess to at fault, no way no how. So they reduced it to "Improper usage of Lanes" and even then when you accept a plea they make you say out loud guilty. Not this stubborn Chic... even at 17 I said," No not guilty but taking the plea that admits no wrong doing, because at 17 year old, broke, and with a child I can't afford to despute it.
The fine was like 35 bucks or something small.

Ok that's all of my time in the "Big House".
It freaking creepy and scary, don't want to live there or even visit.
Old 10-31-2008, 05:55 AM

Sitting still on I-94 in a traffic jam in Chicago (typical huh?) canadian truck driver decided he was more important and was driving down the shoulder passing everyone and decided he needed to get over where I was and just came on over..... he told the officer he thought he was clear of me, and officer replied "how is that, you hit him with the middle of your trailer".... he told the officer I would not let him over and the officer then replied "where was he supposed to go? Maybe back up?" and the driver said "yeah" lol... he went to jail and I got my $25K settlement for lost time and wages plus the $15K for the repairs

Old 10-31-2008, 02:33 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgordon212 View Post
Sitting still on I-94 in a traffic jam in Chicago (typical huh?) canadian truck driver decided he was more important and was driving down the shoulder passing everyone and decided he needed to get over where I was and just came on over..... he told the officer he thought he was clear of me, and officer replied "how is that, you hit him with the middle of your trailer".... he told the officer I would not let him over and the officer then replied "where was he supposed to go? Maybe back up?" and the driver said "yeah" lol... he went to jail and I got my $25K settlement for lost time and wages plus the $15K for the repairs

You were driving an FLD !...being side swiped could only lead to cosmetic improvements . If I were the cop I would have thanked the Canadian driver for helping to keep "AMERICA'S" highways
beautiful and 15k for repairs on an FLD ...that's like spending 15k to repair a pinto .

Last edited by BIG JEEP on 44's; 11-01-2008 at 12:11 AM.