View Poll Results: What are the characteristics of a christian company
No matter what it costs a customer and an employee will be treated the with the same respect? 4 33.33%
There are christian symbols through out the offices. 1 8.33%
Cursing is prohibited 0 0%
They aren't to make a profit off of anybody employ or customer. 2 16.67%
They do not work on "worship" or holy holidays. 0 0%
All or most of these 5 41.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2008, 12:32 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

What to you makes a 'christian company'?

Any company that interprets the bible to suit their profits.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:32 PM
Board Regular
Default Real Christian Based Company

Hello Everyone, I haven't been on CAD for months. Saw this post and had to respond. I quit my company in 2006 to go find a "better job". I had been with the company for two years and wanted to explore "better possibilities". I went to a company that a good friend spoke highly about and almost flipped out during the orientation when it stated clearly on their brochure that they were not only a Trucking Company but a Ministry.

I didn't go with the company because they were trying to get me to haul trailers through the mountains with another driver [female] to prove I could haul trailers in the mountains. I had hauled trucks most of my first two years not trailers. I was offended because I only needed 2 years of experience to work for them and I had 28 months. I thought it was ludicrous to make a "Denver Woman" prove that she could drive trailers since it should be a given that I could since I'm a 48 stater and certainly do west and south west on several occasions.

They wouldn't put me in a truck with a man due to their religious beliefs. I was told later by my friend that they actually chastized someone for proselytizing [in lay person's terms bible thumping] that made me think that they were sincere. I gave up my chances-turned them down twice. Had some horrendous experiences with hypocrites while living in Missouri who called themselves Christians. So was leary to go with "Christians". My experiences had always been with the "Alleged Christians."

I am sorry now that I didn't go with them. I have someone near and dear to me who has gone over there. I don't know if they consider themselves Christian. However, it has been the best company he has ever worked for. He gets 3,000 practical miles in five days and gets back to his home base in Denver two days a week without asking, prodding or pleading to do so.

I, in the meantime, went back to my company. I have wicked asthma and need a continually idling truck, without smoke or pet dander. My company gave me a brand new truck even though I had quit and returned. I don't get 3,000 in 7 days and am lucky to get home in 2+ weeks. Hence, I made a terrible mistake.

This is definitely a great company to work for. They don't have an anti-idle policy like the majority of Mega Carriers do now and they really care about their people. Hence, this is a company I would highly recommend to anyone.

PM me if you want to know the name. Won't advertise on the board-don't know if they'd appreciate that!! 8) :roll:
Old 07-14-2008, 05:37 PM
Rookie
Default Re: ? a christian company ?

A "Christian" Company is one that operates and follows the foundation of the christian faith....meaning, moral ethical practices, etc., of course they are still in business to make money, but should run the business utilizing morally based employment practices....in my experience, those who advertise as such is doing just that....only "advertising", using that term as another tool in bringing new drivers.....sad, but true.

TruthAboutTrucking.com