LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2008, 11:19 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Fredog wrote":
Quote:
here's a picture of a smoker i used to work with
:shock: :shock: That aint right....took me a minute to figure that out, I smoke cigars....that makes me wanna quit. :!: :!:
Old 02-13-2008, 04:02 AM
Senior Board Member

Marlboro Lights. A carton will last 2 weeks.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:41 PM
Senior Board Member

THe average american smoker spends about 1800 a year on their silly choice. This is just the cost of the smokes themselves...this doesnt include all the other costs associates with smokers. Your insurance could be more, if you smoke in your car and trade it in, its worth about 1800 bucks less. If you smoke in your house is worth a hell of a lot less if you ever try to sell it. The real number is about 4 grand a year.
Now, think about this. 1800 a year put into a good investment compounded over the years someone smokes....AND YOU RETIRE A MILLIONAIRE.
Numbers like these keep me being a CONSERVATIVE. When liberal politicians tell me we have to help the poor. I start thinking about how many poor people choose to smoke and even they could be millionaires by retirement if they didnt make that studid choice.

But Im also for FREEDOM. In a free country you are always free to make stupid choices about smoking. I wouldnt want to take that freedom away from you. My belief is this....Smoke if you want to. However if we ever in a burning skyscraper and I get stuck behind you on the stairs moving slow because you have to carry that oxygen bottle. Look out, because you are going down and I will most likely be stepping on your head as I pass you :wink:
Old 02-15-2008, 03:34 AM
Senior Board Member

Whatever Sheep, I'll still run circles around your a$$.
Old 02-15-2008, 04:28 AM
Senior Board Member

Don't smoke, tried one time when i was a teenager. had an allergic reaction.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:29 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpuppy
Yea, I roll my own also. I buy 100% tobacco by the pound, filtered tubes, put them in a machine crank the handle out pops a smoke. Can roll a pack in 3-4 min. Cost about $ . 13 a pack, oh yea chemical free. :twisted:
Madpuppy: Can you point me in the right direction? A link or a store name? I smoke WAY too much, and I can't afford it! Sheep is gonna cut me off the dole if I don't quit or find a cheaper way! :lol:

I used to smoke a pipe, but when I burned them all out, I found cigs to be easier! I also worked at Phillip Morris and have SEEN all the stuff they add!

I've bought a small bag of Flying Dutchman before, and tried to roll my own, but without filters I don't like them!

I want to know WHERE to buy by the pound, what machine to roll them with, and all that you can tell me! I want to know how to keep smoking and killing myself for only 40 cents a day! Really!

I smoke close to 3 packs a day, and even at the prices in NC, I'm going broke! I want to be able to invest the difference and be RICH like Sheepdancer!!

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:27 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo
Quote:
Yea, I roll my own also. I buy 100% tobacco by the pound, filtered tubes, put them in a machine crank the handle out pops a smoke. Can roll a pack in 3-4 min. Cost about $ . 13 a pack, oh yea chemical free. :twisted:
Quote:
Madpuppy: Can you point me in the right direction? A link or a store name? I smoke WAY too much, and I can't afford it! Sheep is gonna cut me off the dole if I don't quit or find a cheaper way! :lol:

I used to smoke a pipe, but when I burned them all out, I found cigs to be easier! I also worked at Phillip Morris and have SEEN all the stuff they add!

I've bought a small bag of Flying Dutchman before, and tried to roll my own, but without filters I don't like them!

I want to know WHERE to buy by the pound, what machine to roll them with, and all that you can tell me! I want to know how to keep smoking and killing myself for only 40 cents a day! Really!

I smoke close to 3 packs a day, and even at the prices in NC, I'm going broke! I want to be able to invest the difference and be RICH like Sheepdancer!!
I smoked a Pipe for 16 years, LOVED it, and still do.. But Now my stomach cant handle the juice's.. Miss It! :cry:
I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 02-18-2008, 04:41 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo
Quote:

http://www.rollyourown.com/

That some should be rich, shows that others may become rich, and, hence, is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.
Abraham Lincoln

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abraham Lincoln
Old 02-26-2008, 12:42 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts Fan
Whatever Sheep, I'll still run circles around your a$$.
x2

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 02-26-2008, 01:46 AM