View Poll Results: How many drivers are faithful to their wives?
I have but wouldn't again. 2 3.70%
I would never even think of it. 44 81.48%
Yes, I do. 8 14.81%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2006, 12:27 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy

How about polygamists? :lol:
I'Dunno, Fozzy!! Maybe there is a board called "Mormon Truckers.Com"!!
I stumbled onto a site called www.polyamorysociety.org. If you're interested in polygamy, try that one out... I was there once. Don't even remember what I was looking for at the time, but that was not it. Don't remember if there were any truck drivers that belonged to it or not. Didn't really get beyond their home page.

Old 10-22-2006, 01:07 AM
Senior Board Member
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I do not understand the whole poligomy thing. I cannot even understand why a man would really want it, but I have no worldy idea why a woman would share her husband with anyone and actually pretend that it didn't bother her. There are plently of men who think it would be some sort of strength to have more than one wife. But for a woman to be so desperate to actually have to share some man? I'm confused! :shock:
Old 10-22-2006, 01:48 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy
I do not understand the whole poligomy thing. I cannot even understand why a man would really want it, but I have no worldy idea why a woman would share her husband with anyone and actually pretend that it didn't bother her. There are plently of men who think it would be some sort of strength to have more than one wife. But for a woman to be so desperate to actually have to share some man? I'm confused! :shock:
Are you saying you don't understand women? If that's what you're worrying about, you'll be old and grey long before your time. As intelligent and knowledgeable as you are, there are men that know much more, and they don't understand women either. You're not a member of any exclusive club on that score. I have a wife that wants to share me with another woman, and I don't understand it.

Nine years ago, I told her I do not cheat on my wife... And I don't.

She said:

If I know about it before hand...
and I approve of it.
If I know who you're with...
and I know what's going on,

then it's not cheating.

And, I'll leave it at that.

Old 10-22-2006, 04:34 AM
Senior Board Member

Oh, I never come close to trying to understand women.. I've been married to ONE woman for almost 20 years and after the first five, I gave that up. It's like tic tac toe... its best not even start playing that game. You situation is not something that I've never heard of. I've read somewhere that when women have affairs that their husbands biggest fear is that their children may not be genetically their own. When men have affairs the women's worst fear is that the man may be in love with the other woman. :? Sharing a man could possibly be ok with some wives.. as long as it's purely physical.
Old 10-23-2006, 04:01 AM
Senior Board Member

Fozzy,

I agree with you wholeheartedly about not understanding the desire for polygammy.

One wife?? 20 years married?? 22 years together?? That's enough for me!!

TWO (or more!!) wives with their 28 day friends??
TWO (or more!!) checkbooks to have to support??

No, Thank You!!
Old 10-24-2006, 08:22 PM
Board Regular
Default Re: How many drivers are faithful to their partners?

I just posted another message on another forum regarding this very subject. Frankly, I haven't seen too much monogamy out here. I've been trucking for 28 months. I am a very attractive single blond female. I get hit on all day long. I'm amazed that guys don't even hesitate to hit on me with wedding rings on. If there is a lot of monogamy I must meet EVERY cheater on the road.

They have lied to me and told me that they aren't married and will be married for 20 years with 10 kids. They will say they don't have cell phones and they do but don't want the girlfriend or wife to see the number on the bills. They will even be stupid enough sometimes to give the right number and not tell me that they have a girlfriend or wife and that's not pleasant to speak to one of them. I can assure you.

I don't want married guys or guys with girlfriends. But don't have the time, inclination, money or desire to run background checks on every prospective "partner". Hence, sometimes you run the risk of getting "hitched" guys. Actually, I'd say I get hitched guys most of the time. One of my single male friends said I get the hitched guys because I tell them I don't want any commitment. Well that may be true but I don't want a boyfriend/husband. I'm quite happy being single.

I'm telling you guys will say ANYTHING to get the almighty nookie. I think I've even been lied to about a spouse's death. I just can't believe what guys can come up with when they're sitting driving all day long with nothing better else to do but conjure up stories.

I suppose you can have cheating wives at home also. However, I was married for 1/2 a life time and NEVER once cheated. Thought about it in the end but decided against it. I didn't have sex the last two years of my marriage and had every chance to do so with others. I guess when a marriage is over it's over.

Sex can not revive a dead marriage. It's too bad more people don't just give it up when it's over. I can assure you-you know when it's over. Fortunately, for me I never wanted children [yes-I can have them] so there wasn't any children involved in the split. However, if someone isn't giving the other one what they want-the spouse who isn't happy will definitely find it some where else.
Old 01-07-2007, 08:50 PM
Board Regular

I'm 100% faithful to my hubby. He is to me also. Whether I'm on the road or at home I wouldn't even entertain the idea of cheating on him. I love him so much. I know he feels the same.