View Poll Results: What motorcycle do you own?
harley davidson 28 41.18%
victory 1 1.47%
honda 13 19.12%
yamaha 10 14.71%
suzuki 6 8.82%
Mv agusta 1 1.47%
triumph 0 0%
moto guzzi 0 0%
other brand 9 13.24%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2007, 01:02 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

If I had the bucks this is what I would own...
http://www.mcnews.com.au/NewsArchive...r_RHF_700p.jpg

The Tomahawk is a Viper V-10 based motorcycle, a 500 horsepower engine with four wheels beneath it. The engine breathes through twin throttle bodies mounted right up front. (That's what the two round things above the front tires are).

Chrysler sold nine replicas through Neiman Marcus, for up to $555,000 each. The motorcycles cannot be legally driven on public roads. A Chrysler spokesman told Reuters they were meant as rolling sculptures - but they can probably still be driven on private roads (the rolling-sculpture comment may be designed to avoid legal liability).

The Tomahawk concept is an awesome-sounding machine; we have not driven it, as you may expect, but did see it started up and revved. Clouds of blue smoke vied for attention with the throaty rumble of the mighty V-10, and hitting the gas visibly opened the twin throttle body blades up front where the headlight would normally be. Though deeper and more rumbling than most motorcycles, it did not seem to be louder overall - just deeper and less shrill.

Rumors had the Tomahawk selling for under $200,000, most likely at a loss or breakeven price, for publicity purposes - but still fully drivable. Wolfgang Bernhard, Chrysler's first mate at introduction time, was said to be enthusiastic about that project, so much so that hundreds were projected to be built at under $200,000 each. They reportedly cost Chrysler over $100,000 to build (the work is outsourced).

The Dodge Tomahawk can reach 60 miles an hour in about 2.5 seconds, and has a theoretical top speed of nearly 400 mph. Each pair of wheels is separated by a few inches and each wheel has an independent suspension. Bernhard said four wheels were necessary to handle the power from the engine.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:12 PM
Senior Board Member

if am going to spend that much money give me a BOSS HOSS with a 502 V-8 big block on it. its about 90k give or take.

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 06-02-2007, 05:45 AM
Senior Board Member

You guys are too worried about keeping your logs right, and running legal. These bikes would kill YOU!!!!!!! You boys need to stay on the porch until your balls grow....lol
Kills me, fast, and ball to the wall bikes are OK but be a good boy in your truck, kind of a contradiction to me!!!!
Old 08-13-2007, 12:53 AM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

04 Honda vtx1300c4

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"
Old 08-13-2007, 01:02 AM

I am currently saving for a sportster 883 and nobody is gonna talk me out of a harley say all you want.

Those of you who are talking about paying for a name ...How many of you drive a Peterbilt?? :P
Old 08-13-2007, 09:11 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmoe20
I am currently saving for a sportster 883 and nobody is gonna talk me out of a harley say all you want.
As long as i live i will never talk any one out of buying a harley. IT IS A NAME WELL WORTH PAYING FOR. why not a 1200????

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 08-13-2007, 01:40 PM

Well I've never driven a motorcycle and my family insists that is the size I need to start out on...I am female and honestly don't know whether I could handle the 1200 or not since I've never ridden and I figure I can work my way up. If you have a different experience I'd love to know it.
Thanks
Old 08-13-2007, 08:42 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmoe20

Those of you who are talking about paying for a name ...How many of you drive a Peterbilt?? :P
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have always thought that peterbilt drivers and harley riders where 2 of a kind.

I ride the original and first American made motorcycle, Indian, Harley Davidson will always be 2nd best in my opinion.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:32 PM
Board Regular

Besides, if I wanted to be like every other poser out there, I would ride a harley that looks just like everybody elses harley. My 60 year old Indian gets more attention and stares than almost anything out there, you wouldn't believe how many people want to come over and talk to me about. It's a piece of American history. It's funny when some young kid points to the gear shifter on the side and asks what it is for.

I'd take an old Indian or Triumph, or Norton over a Harley any day
Old 08-14-2007, 08:53 AM
Senior Board Member

Well i never ridin a harley intill the one i have now. I would jump up to the 1200cc. It not really much bigger then the 883. If you plan on riding with a bunch of riders your going to want a little bigger motor. I dont know if you been to a dealer latey. But look at the two a 883 and a 1200 there is not much size diff. in the two. My 1st bike was a 1450cc and knock on wood i never been down on it yet. Just take your time and you will do fine. Welcome to the family.