View Poll Results: Whats your thoughts of The Days we live in?
Peace Joy And Happiness Right Around The Corner 1 2.86%
Going Nuclear Soon.. Get Ready 9 25.71%
Them Crazy SOB's been killing each other for 2000 years, whats 1000 more. 10 28.57%
Screw it, let them truckers roll >>> 10-4 15 42.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2006, 08:17 PM
BANNED
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default I Predict...

With the "Mideast Crisis" currently raging on into day 9 now. And hezbollah making all these fiery statements on Fox News about how they will escalate this to all out war on Isreal, its only a matter of time until targets are centered on Iran and Syria.

God forbid the US fires a shot in anyones direction, that would most likely officially start world war 3.

I am not a religious man, by any means, sure there is a higher power of sorts somewhere. but these fanatics have been warring for thousands of years in one fashion or another.

Isreal has every right to not only defend herself, but to take the heat to the enemy as well. i have to stand by them in this area, however, i feel some fanatic is going to get spunky. the fact that Israel is firing on targets in lebannon regardless of civilians just goes to show how serious they are.

I am predicting (just a feeling) that the book of revelations is about to come about full force. (yes i not religious, but i have read the book a few times cover to cover, its an interesting read)

September 6th, 2006,
i feel that somewhere, a Nuke will be flying. I hope i am wrong, but these crazy sand dwellers with rags on their heads are the craziest mofo's in the world, and thats what i seen in a dream last night. :shock:

somebody is going to push that button, Politics and discussion isnt going to end this "conflict" or "crisis" as its so mildly put by the press. they dont want talk, they want war, death, destruction,.. nothing short of total anniahlation. <---spelling.. you get my drift.

Its only a matter of time before Israel turns her guns and war planes onto Iran, and we all know that crazy dewdrop raghead of a prezident over there is fanatic and has already threatened to "wipe the jews off the face of the planet" Israel isnt going to let that happen. she is within her rights.

Go Isreal, i feel for your plight, but damn... this is screwed up. Here we have this thing going on, Iraq, Afganistan, Iran and syria at the borders funneling money, arms, terrorists and all that, then we have that tyranical and satyrical dictator Kim Jong Illness to his people over there in north korea talking his cocknbull story and defying the world, things are not looking good anywhere.

for the first time in my life i almost feel safe right where i am at here in good old US of A North idaho. The Recruiters called me the other day trying to get me to re-enlist, i said no way, thats a damned if i do damned if i dont situation now, i rather stand guard and fire shots from my porch and yard to protect my own at home than to commit suicide with a bunch of holy rolling suicide freaks in the sand. theres a difference between patriotic and patriotically stupid if ya know what i mean.

i was stationed in South Korea for 4 years in the army, i know all about the DMZ and the souths ROK Soldiers, i have had run ins with them, they are some crazy SOB's. I was on motor pool guard duty in Wonjiu at 0200 one morning with a full moon, one of them crazy roks decided to walk by and lock and load, you could see the moonlight glint off the round as it chambered, then he just smiled, jumped the fence and dissapeared. the norths even nuttier. Yoopr corrected me on this area, thanks yoopr

I would rather ground war with Korea than any of them desert dwelling fanatics.

Nukes, now thats a different story all together, I dont like this one little bit.

Normally i wouldnt post my thoughts here on a public forum, but i cant keep it inside, my wife dont want to hear it. so who better to share it with than a bunch of fellow truckers and servants of the nation.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:15 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Excuse me?
I was in Vietnam working with ROK's and they are SOUTH Koreans
Old 07-21-2006, 12:42 AM
Senior Board Member

If this was Revelations "hypotheticaly" comming to past, What would you do?

I am not saying it is or it isn't, just asking!
I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 07-21-2006, 03:42 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokk
lol, i cant think of anything i would do if it was hypothetically revelations coming to pass. probably ust stand by and "take it like a man"
Then relax-- if it is, there is not much you can do, except pray and hope for the best. If it is not,Well --- then pray and hope for the best.

I know what you feel, and others do too.

hmm " fear upon the hearts of men, fear for what is comming upon the Earth" Maybe -- Maybe not! :lol:
I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 07-21-2006, 07:14 PM
Board Regular

Ive heard were living in the least violent era in a long time. Does it just seem more violent because of all the news we have access to?
Old 07-21-2006, 10:35 PM
Board Icon

Don't know about least violent era but the Media amplifies things.
Old 07-23-2006, 04:56 PM
Senior Board Member

As the situation continues to escalate, I'm left to contemplate the possibility, or even the inevitability of some type of nuclear option being used by Hezbollah, Syria, Iran, or even Israel.

I think that Israel would only use it under the most dire circumstances, and that would be against Iran, if and when the time comes. Yet there are a number of factors that come into play here, and I don't think that any nuclear involvement can be accurately predicted until other events unfold.

It looks to me like Israel has caught Hezbollah, Lebanon, Syria, The U.N., and to some degree, The United States, a wee bit off guard with their tactics. No longer are they taking the approach of fighting a terrorist organization without also engaging the countries that provide them with safe harbor, nor do they seem too terribly worried about confining their activities to surgical strikes.

In this respect, what has become known in essence as the traditional rulebook for engagement has been thrown out. So, it looks to me like Israel has finally awakened to the reality that the old way of doing things has not worked in the past, and will not work in the future. By the same token, Hezbollah has become comfortable with believing that they could seek safe haven in other countries while striking out at Israel, and that Israel would not take military action against the countries that harbor them on anything more than a surgical level.

While it is clear that The Bush Administration, and particularly The State Dept. are being kept informed of Israel's actions and intentions, as far as political posturing is concerned, all Secretary of State Condaleeza Rice can do is go through the motions of talking about trying to arrange some type of cease fire or peace accord; yet, even The State Dept. has in so many words, acknowledged that their hands are effectively tied. The U.S. Ambassador to The U.N. John Bolton has even acknowledged that point.

Additionally, as much as other Arab countries may despise Israel, their concerns over Iran are even greater, and they would much rather have Israel take on Iran. For that reason, the hands of The U.N. are effectively tied; while they can whine and moan about Israel's incursions, The U.N. knows that other Arab countries would rather have Israel carrying the water. For that, I am very thankful.

While I'm no fan of The Bush Administration, I do applaud the Administration's decision to drop back, confine their actions to political posturing and supplying the Israeli's with arms, while letting Israel deal with this. I've never considered Pres. Bush to be the sharpest tool in the box, but so far, I think that his handling of the situation (or more correctly stated, his decision to let Israel handle the situation without U.S. interference) is one of the best foreign policy decisions that has been made by his administration since he took office.

The last thing that Israel needs is for The U.S., along with the politics of The U.S. Military, to get involved and muddle the situation. That isn't to suggest that their is not some behind the scene involvement and support coming from the U.S.; clearly, there is!! It is to say that The Bush Administration is clearly in favor of having Israel "in the driver's seat", and in control of the situation.

Throughout history, (especially since 1967) any country that has ever messed with Israel has lived to regret it. While they may be a small nation, their military capability and fortitude is simply unparalleled in the Middle East. I've no doubt that this shall remain true.

While the U.S. may have the most powerful military complex in the world, the fact is that our military policies and our abilities to exercise the full power of our military complex have been seriously constrained and compromised by the political forces in Washington. While our Constitution rightly and correctly mandates a system of checks and balances, the willingness of numerous administrations (Republican and Democrat alike) to subordinate the power of The United States to the power of The U.N., and our excessive worries about how we will be viewed in the world court of public opinion has effectively tied our hands unnecessarily as well. We saw this happen during WW ll and the days that followed the conclusion of the war in Europe (remember; Patton wanted to take on Russia immediately after our victory in Europe), The Korean and Vietnam Wars, in Desert Storm, and even now in Iraq. Israel's military force now appears to be unencumbered by similar constraints.

Will the situation escalate to a nuclear level?? I'm left to wonder. As the pounding of Lebanon continues, and the count of so-called "innocent" civilian casualties continues to rise, Israel will no doubt lose favor in the court of world opinion, but so far, Israel does not seem too terribly worried about that. Syria, a nation that has long been a harbinger for terrorists, and a very fertile breeding ground for terrorist funding, training, and activity, will allow Lebanon to be pounded as long as it can buy them time. At the same time, Syria also knows, as does the rest of the world, that they are in Israel's cross-hairs. For Israel to do anything less than to keep Syria in it's crosshairs would be the equivalent of an oral surgeon extracting two bad wisdom teeth, when he or she knows full well that all four wisdom teeth need to be removed.

I think that most everyone can agree that Israel is about to hold Syria accountable for their actions. Will Syria's sense of desperation rise? If so, then to what level??

As I said before, Israel is not a large country, and regardless of their strength and fortitude, even one well placed nuke bomb could cripple them severely. Will Israel stop them before they act out of desperation?? The flip side of that possibility is that in attacking Israel by means of the nuclear option, The Palestinian Territory would be taken out as well.

If, as many people have theorized, Syria has control of the chemical weapons and Weapons of Mass Destruction that Iraq once had, and if they do unleash them, that could play a pivotal role in the outcome.

The way I see it, Iran is the greatest threat to Israel, and ultimately, Israel is going to go after them as well. This is where the danger of the nuclear option becomes the greatest. How will that unfold?? I say that it is too early to tell. In my opinion, the answer will not become anywhere near clear until we see what happens between Israel and Syria.

So for now, my position in the poll is that they will continue to fight. I can not say that a nuclear exchange is right around the corner, but at the same time, I do not see how we cane completely exclude or discount that possibility.