Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Sports Talk (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/sports-talk-21/)
-   -   College football is bedlam this season! (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/sports-talk/30206-college-football-bedlam-season.html)

Midnight Flyer 10-15-2007 03:50 PM

College football is bedlam this season!

:D Guys and gals, college football is really in a tizzy this year with LSU getting beat, USC falling several weekends ago to Stanford and a lot more. Guess the pundits that make all the predictions and were just 100 percent certain so-and-so was going to make it to the BCS are really beginning to look just plain ass dumb! :lol: :lol:

Twilight Flyer 10-15-2007 04:02 PM

Yep, the upsets this year are sending a boatload of torpedos into the BCS. Absolutely love it. I really hope that Ohio State and Central Florida are in the title game. What an absolute joke that would be. Ohio State has been exactly ZERO quality opponents. And Central Florida? Are you kidding me?!?

Once again, we are treated to the reasoning for the BCS...to help the absolutely worthless Big Ten. Screw the SEC and the Big 12 who have about half the teams in the top 25. :roll: The Big 10 has one.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

After seeing the BCS standings come out, I am no longer a college football fan. I have officially sworn it off. I'll get my football fix with the NFL, thank you very much. When college football goes to a playoff system, they can contact me and I'll come back. Until then, the old geezer jackholes that run the BCS can all frig off and die. :x

Midnight Flyer 10-15-2007 04:13 PM

:D Twilight, yep we need a playoff system in college football but I don't think we'll see one in our lifetime! 8)

Jackrabbit379 10-15-2007 04:19 PM

:lol: :lol:

What about Kansas? They havent lost any games. :P Of course, they dont play Tech, nor OU. :lol:

It's weird this year. Just crazy. All the upsets. Yeah, someone needs to stand up, and tell the BCS computer geeks to go to a playoff system. :P

What happened to the Hogs? Arkansas has lost 3, or 4 games this year, to teams that have come back. All in the 4th quarter. :shock:

Oklahoma State beat Nebraska (hooray) in Lincoln for the first time, since 1960. :shock:

ronjon619 10-15-2007 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
Yep, the upsets this year are sending a boatload of torpedos into the BCS. Absolutely love it. I really hope that Ohio State and Central Florida are in the title game. What an absolute joke that would be. Ohio State has been exactly ZERO quality opponents. And Central Florida? Are you kidding me?!?

I think you mean South Florida........Central Florida is terrible :wink:

Twilight Flyer 10-15-2007 10:05 PM

Thanks Ronjon. I stand corrected.

NCAA Football is a joke. At least it will free up the holidays from bowl watching.

Jackrabbit379 10-16-2007 04:26 PM

It is a joke, yes, but I still love watching any game that is on TV.

By the way, 2nd ranked South Florida is playing Rutgers this Thursday night. That aughta be a hoot. :lol: Maybe, upset? :P

Midnight Flyer 10-16-2007 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379
What happened to the Hogs? Arkansas has lost 3, or 4 games this year, to teams that have come back. All in the 4th quarter. :shock:

:D The Hogs have a one dimensional offense built around running backs Darren McFadden and Felix Jones. Coach Houston Nutt ain't smart enough to know that whenever you have this type of offense your running backs are gonna have a bullseye painted on their back. Passing game? Don't got one although quarterback Casey Dick did complete six of eight handoffs against Auburn! I've already written this season off. Coach Nutt is expected to be gone at the end of the season to accept the head coaching position at Moonpie Tech or some such school! :lol: :lol:

Jackrabbit379 10-16-2007 04:40 PM

Those two backs are awesome, but you have to mix up the game, and Coach Nuttcase isnt doing that. The defense holds up, up until the last couple minutes of the 4th. :?

I hate to see any coach get fired, but Arkansas needs to do something. There is a lot of talent on that team.

Scoe 10-17-2007 01:17 AM

My Ducks are ranked 10 in the first BCS poll just released. I think they have 6 games left and the way this crazy season is going they could win out and play for the national title or just as easy they could go 3-3 in the last 6 games. :shock:

Midnight Flyer 10-17-2007 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scoe
My Ducks are ranked 10 in the first BCS poll just released. I think they have 6 games left and the way this crazy season is going they could win out and play for the national title or just as easy they could go 3-3 in the last 6 games. :shock:

:D Who all do the Ducks have to play the rest of the season Scoe? 8)

Scoe 10-17-2007 02:23 AM

Washington, USC, ASU, Arizona, UCLA and Oregon State. Right now I like their chances against USC but that's 2 weeks from now, Washington first. I hate the Huskies, arrogant SOB's!!

Midnight Flyer 10-17-2007 03:53 PM

Quote:

Washington, USC, ASU, Arizona, UCLA and Oregon State. Right now I like their chances against USC but that's 2 weeks from now, Washington first. I hate the Huskies, arrogant SOB's!!

:D I'll bet you don't hate the Huskies any more than I hate USC! 8)

Jackrabbit379 10-17-2007 04:46 PM

I think, Notre Dame plays USC this week. I'd laugh if The Irish beat USC. :P

Colts Fan 10-17-2007 05:13 PM

Quote:

I think, Notre Dame plays USC this week. I'd laugh if The Irish beat USC. :P

That would be great. If Stanford could do it then ND has a chance. Most likely will be a route. Another ND offensive lineman quit school this week.

yoopr 10-17-2007 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight Flyer
Quote:

:D The Hogs have a one dimensional offense built around running backs Darren McFadden and Felix Jones. Coach Houston Nutt ain't smart enough to know that whenever you have this type of offense your running backs are gonna have a bullseye painted on their back. Passing game? Don't got one although quarterback Casey Dick did complete six of eight handoffs against Auburn! I've already written this season off. Coach Nutt is expected to be gone at the end of the season to accept the head coaching position at Moonpie Tech or some such school! :lol: :lol:

Wouldn't mind it a bit if McFadden came up and played for the Pack.

Midnight Flyer 10-17-2007 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoopr
Wouldn't mind it a bit if McFadden came up and played for the Pack.

:D You got that right, Yoop! DMac would fit in with The Pack like a glove! 8)

yoopr 10-18-2007 01:27 AM

I've only seen McFadden play maybe twice but I liked what I saw.
We have decent running backs but our O Line for Run blocking is suspect but they're good on Pass Blocking.

Midnight Flyer 10-18-2007 01:40 AM

:D McFadden isn't built like your typical stud-hoss running back. His legs are actually average sized (his teammates make fun of his skinny calves) but he has potent upper body strength and can change directions on a dime plus he has explosive acceleration. His stiff arm has actually knocked the helmets off guys trying to tackle him! 8)

yoopr 10-18-2007 01:55 AM

Sounds like Woodson.
He looks frail on the field but he can really lay em out.
Got Robinson Reinstated today and now he can return kickoffs instead of Woodson. I cringed everytime he returned a kick. Need him as DB

Thank God for bye week. Team can take care of all of our injuries and Robinson can shake off the Rust.
I need a bye week. Gone to the last 2 games -Time to Hunt

Jackrabbit379 10-19-2007 04:26 PM

2nd ranked South Florida lost to Rutgers. What an upset. :P

Wonder who will be in the race for the National Championship. :P

Midnight Flyer 10-19-2007 04:31 PM

Quote:

:D I hope my Sooners are! 8)

Jackrabbit379 10-19-2007 04:58 PM

Yes Sir! The boys from Oklahoma have a good run, if they can win the rest.
The Cardinals of Iowa :P might give them a good game. Who knows, anything can happen. I think their only toughest remaining game, other than Bedlam, will be in Lubbock. OU does have good chances.

LSU still has to go to Auburn this week, and they still have to go to Alabama. Their last game is against the Hogs. Woooo Pig Soey!

Boston College,...wait, who? How in the world did they rank so high? They go to Virginia Tech, this week. They still have to play Florida State, and their last game, they play The Canes. I dont see Boston College playing in the National Game. :P

Ohio State, pffft. :P This week might be good for them. They have Michigan State. They still have to go against Joe Paterno :P, and their last game is at the Big House. I'd like to see Ohio State, sitting at home, watching the National Championship this year. :P

yoopr 10-19-2007 08:29 PM

Quote:

The way this year is going it's anybodies Guess

Jackrabbit379 10-19-2007 10:04 PM

That's no joke. :shock:

Who knows.

yoopr 10-20-2007 12:45 AM

Ohio State, pffft. Razz This week might be good for them. They have Michigan State.

no pffffffffft with MSU-If I were a betting man and wanted to lay out some cash on a Upset this would be the One. It's gonna be a hard hitting slamming affair

Scoe 10-21-2007 07:06 PM

And the mayhem continues!! :shock:

South Carolina lost as did Kentucky. The Oregon ducks whipped up on Washington 55-34 and will host USC this Saturday. What a game that will be!!

Midnight Flyer 10-21-2007 07:24 PM

Quote:

And the mayhem continues!! :shock:

South Carolina lost as did Kentucky. The Oregon ducks whipped up on Washington 55-34 and will host USC this Saturday. What a game that will be!!

:D GO DUCKS!!! :rock:

Snowman7 10-21-2007 08:52 PM

Quote:

Yes Sir! The boys from Oklahoma have a good run, if they can win the rest.
The Cardinals of Iowa :P might give them a good game. Who knows, anything can happen. I think their only toughest remaining game, other than Bedlam, will be in Lubbock. OU does have good chances.

LSU still has to go to Auburn this week, and they still have to go to Alabama. Their last game is against the Hogs. Woooo Pig Soey!

Boston College,...wait, who? How in the world did they rank so high? They go to Virginia Tech, this week. They still have to play Florida State, and their last game, they play The Canes. I dont see Boston College playing in the National Game. :P

Ohio State, pffft. :P This week might be good for them. They have Michigan State. They still have to go against Joe Paterno :P, and their last game is at the Big House. I'd like to see Ohio State, sitting at home, watching the National Championship this year. :P

He he he, why does everyone hate the Buckeyes so much? LOL!
Best defense in the land this year! 4 td's given up in 8 games. I know I know you're all gonna say they havent played anyone! They also havent lost to anyone!

yoopr 10-21-2007 09:48 PM

State gave them everything they had in the 2nd Half-Too bad they played like crap the 1st half.
Once Oh How I hate Ohio State wins the big ten I'll be with them but not until then.

Midnight Flyer 10-21-2007 11:15 PM

:D Well the Hogs FINALLY won another game yesterday. They beat Ol' Miss 44-8. :lol:

Jackrabbit379 10-22-2007 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowman7
He he he, why does everyone hate the Buckeyes so much? LOL!!

Because, my brother-in-law is from Michigan. :lol:

Go Blue! Or, something. :P :lol:

Jackrabbit379 10-22-2007 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight Flyer
:D Well the Hogs FINALLY won another game yesterday. They beat Ol' Miss 44-8. :lol:

Yeah, I saw that. Good job Hogs.

I wonder when the last time was that Kansas was ranked in the top 10. :lol:

Snowman7 10-22-2007 04:47 PM

Quote:

Quote:

He he he, why does everyone hate the Buckeyes so much? LOL!!

Because, my brother-in-law is from Michigan. :lol:

Go Blue! Or, something. :P :lol:

Or as we in the Buckeye say, Go Blow! :lol:

Jackrabbit379 10-22-2007 04:50 PM

Quote:

Or as we in the Buckeye say, Go Blow! :lol:

:lol: :lol:
Ive never heard that before. That aint right. :lol: :P

Jackrabbit379 10-26-2007 07:31 PM

Well, Boston College got out of that one Thursday night by their chinny chin chin.

This week should be fun.

USC goes to Oregon.

The Biggest Cocktail Party is this week. I'm gonna be rootin for my wife's Georgia Bulldogs.

Ohio State is going to Happy Valley.

Nebraska will be going to Austin to play the Shorthorns.

South Carolina goes to Rocky Top

Midnight Flyer 10-26-2007 08:08 PM

Quote:

Well, Boston College got out of that one Thursday night by their chinny chin chin.

This week should be fun.

USC goes to Oregon.

The Biggest Cocktail Party is this week. I'm gonna be rootin for my wife's Georgia Bulldogs.

Ohio State is going to Happy Valley.

Nebraska will be going to Austin to play the Shorthorns.

South Carolina goes to Rocky Top

:D Some good games this weekend, Jackrabbit. Let's see: GO DUCKS; SIC 'EM DAWGS; TEAR 'EM UP LIONS (I'm a big fan and admirer of JoePa). Now for the Huskers, Shorthorns, Game Cocks, and Vols don't know who to root for in those games. My daughter and son-in-law live just 30 miles from Austin and I know they'll be hollerin "Hook em Horns". 8)

Jackrabbit379 10-26-2007 08:10 PM

Should be some good games. :D

yoopr 10-26-2007 08:18 PM

Got a new LCD HDTV-Let's go :P

Jackrabbit379 10-26-2007 08:20 PM

:lol:

Everyone go to Yoopr's house this Saturday :P