User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2014, 08:23 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Rolex 24

Anyone catch it? Close finishes all around in the multiple classes. Can't believe the Ferrari guys got called in the GTD class. They were called on a rule about avoidable contact. Thing was, they never touched on the final lap. NASCAR fans would have called it great, close quarter action. Turns out the rule has an expansion that includes forcing another car off the track which was why the avoidable contact rule was called. Thing is, the outside move was a bonsai attempt that was going to always end with the Audi going off track even if the Ferrari backed out at the last second. The Ferrari crossed the line first in the class but the Audi boys took the class victory due to a time penalty applied after the race finish.

Also, nasty crash early in the race yesterday, Memo Gidley has a LONG road for recovery. Already been thru arm and leg surgeries with a back surgery still to come but he is looking like he will survive. Apparently the sun was right in his eyes and he never saw a car that had slowed to a crawl as he popped out from behind another car to pass. Slammed into the slower car at about 160 mph in his Daytona Prototype of which he had to be cut out of.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:18 PM
Board Icon

And 4 hours later, Ferrari was given the GTD class victory back. Guess they used the excuse of the Audi bonsai attempt that was always going to end with it in the grass.

Great start to unifying sports car racing in the US, close finishes in all classes and some controversy!
Old 01-29-2014, 02:38 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

went to check out some of the race on youtube, as I dropped TV service over a year ago.
It's a hassle when it comes to sports, other than that, I don't miss the TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu4D-qJsz4U

Old 01-29-2014, 02:44 AM
Board Icon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqLR9mXWh00

Old 01-29-2014, 02:07 PM
Board Icon

God that crash is ugly from the other views. I had only seen the replay from behind. At least Pruett was knocked out and missed out on a record 6th Rolex win. Tired of hearing the same tandem winning everything in sports car racing. I know last season he got into a pretty good tussle all year long, sounds like the other teams have caught up with that Ganassi car.