User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2010, 05:49 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Roger Clemens

I've been listening to bits n pieces of this. I've never gotten into baseball, but I think this is getting interesting.
He claimed that he has never used steroids, but then, they found evidence that he has used steroids?
Lou Holtz was on Hannity the other night (for whatever reason :lol. Lou Holtz doesn't think Clemens did anything illegal, except maybe lying to Congress. When Lou Holtz was talking, I remembered that they found needles, etc with Clemens' DNA, so I dunno.

What do yall think will happen?

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 09-01-2010, 08:49 PM
Board Icon

He's in trouble for lying to Congress, not the steroids.........at least yet. He deserves all the time they got him pegged for on the perjury charges with how selfish he is. His first mistake was showing up on Capitol Hill to a hearing he was not invited to. His second mistake was taking the stand and asking to go on official record to which he swore an oath to tell the truth. His 3rd mistake was not pleading the 5th to every question like Sosa and McGwire did. Congress had no clue about Clemens and steroids which was why they did not invite him to testify. He could probably be sitting at home nice and retired like Sosa and McGwire by taking the 5th or not even showing up. He told them he never did steroids, Congress has sworn testimony from at least 2 people who say otherwise. 1 has admitted to taking steroids himself and that Clemens was his supplier. He had nothing to gain or lose by giving up Clemens, Congress let him off the hook for fessing up. Once he saw what Clemens did he turned on his former teammate.

I don't believe too much Holtz says with how senile he is. Last few years he was all up on ND as going undefeated, their best team yet, National Title is a lock for them. He was also all about his son's team at ECU/EZU as being legit and going to a big time Bowl if not a BCS Bowl as an At-Large.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:03 PM
Board Regular

I personally hope they bury Clemens. He had numerous opportunities to fess up and step away from this, but being the arrogant narcissist that he is, he chooses not to. McGwire, Sosa, Palmeiro et al also denied using. how'd it turn out for them? It's not it's a huge secret that probably 50% (or more) of the players back in the late 80's through about 2005 were using. One can only hope Barry (my freaking head size actually grew) Bonds is next, 'cause he didn't do them either...Lol
Old 09-01-2010, 11:44 PM
Senior Board Member

i hope Roger goes down hard.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:30 PM
Board Icon

Actually, only Palmeiro came out and said he used. Sosa and McGwire clammed up and plead the 5th to every question asked of them. Andy Pettitte also came out and said he used, he is the main witness against Clemens. Both Pettitte and Palmeiro are not in jail for admitting it, they came clean and apologized to the fans.