User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2010, 05:22 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Big XII Conference

What exactly happened to the Big 12? I don't really keep up with sports in the summer, but I overheard some drivers talking on the cb radio about the Big 12. Is it only Nebraska and Colorado that are leaving? Are we gonna have another Big 10? :hellno: :lol:
What's going to happen?

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 06-29-2010, 08:32 PM
Board Icon

Right now they only have 10 teams which means they can no longer play a conference title game which can hinder them in the big picture of the BCS. The Pac-10 has pulled a huge move in pulling in Colorado and Utah. While Colorado isn't that great in football right now, they have a large, dedicated fan base. Utah screwed the Mountain West who was looking to finally step out as a big boy conference with the addition of Boise St. That would have given them 3 teams who have played in BCS games and were mainstays at the top of the polls.

Remember now, it won't happen until NEXT year, not this upcoming season. Everything stays the same for 1 more season then everyone starts moving around which means more moving could take place. There is still talk that Mizzou could join Nebraska in the Big Ten(11 teams are already in the Big Ten not counting Nebraska) which would give them 13 teams. The Pac-10 is also not done raiding other conferences, they want all the Texas teams' except Baylor. The Texas teams' stood together though and refused to jump unless Baylor was included. The Pac-10 may decide to invite Baylor also. The SEC would love to get Texas A&M but they said not unless Texas joins. Texas refuses to go to the SEC because they believe the academics are not up to the standards of the Pac-10 or Big 12. Nobody is talking about Iowa St but they could end up joining the Big Ten since Iowa is already there and have a better inner-conference rivalry come out of it. Over the next year the Big 12 may only have K-State, Kansas, OU and OK St left.
Old 07-03-2010, 12:59 AM
Board Icon

Good grief! :eek2: I had no idea..

I can't see Baylor in the Pac-10. They can't compete in their own conference. :hellno: :lol: Baylor could probably do well in the same (I can't remember which conference) conference that Houston, and SMU plays in.

I also can't see Texas in the SEC. Too many big guns in the SEC.
It sounds like it's going to pot. It should be interesting to see what's gonna happen.

Old 07-04-2010, 03:56 PM
Board Icon

It's getting better now, nobody within the conference is allowed to speak their mind if it's not in good taste:

Tech coach Tuberville reprimanded by Big 12 - College Football - Rivals.com

So even if what your saying is true, your not allowed to say it.................I suspect the Big 12 is done for after this year. I can't see the other schools continuing to allow Texas and OU to get all the goodies while they get whatever is left over. If the Pac-10 or Big Ten give another invite I highly suspect the others to jump ship at the drop of a hat.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:34 AM
Board Icon

What he said was true. Both UT and A&M are (I forget the term) state schools, and get all the big money. Tech is out there in west Texas on a limb. I know people talk trash about other schools what schools have etc.. but he spoke the truth. I don't think what he said, and what I said is just a "Texas tale".