User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2009, 08:53 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Danica to NASCAR

So what's the thoughts on this if it does happen? I believe she's certifiably nuts to think she can instantly hook up with a super team and be competitive in Cup. Only Gibbs would have an opening for her and no way will she fit in with Kyle and Denny's little ego's. They already don't like one another, Denny has publicly stated that he will wreck Kyle if it comes down to one of those 2 winning the race. She really needs to heed JJ's advice, go race some ARCA races this year when she can and see if this is something she really wants to do full-time. It's not easy to go from a car that has tons of downforce to a car that might have half that downforce. It's easier to do it the other way though, go from NASCAR to IRL or F1. She may get in the car and realize she has jumped in way over her head like a lot of other open wheel guys have already done.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:07 PM
Senior Board Member

i'd like to see her place better than some of those guys. i bet they'll have a cow over it. at any rate, she should stick to where she is.

other another note, i'd like to see her compete in rallycross or gymkhana. however, i don't think she'd be able to hang in either one. i think you'll actually get a kick out of the gymkhana video, mr. ford.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:48 AM
Senior Board Member

Every team has a opening for her if her agents decide Nascar is the place to go for maximum dollars.

No team is going to turn down 30+ million a year sponsor on a 3-5 year contract. That would just be the primary sponsor and they could double that after adding in the associate sponsors.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:52 AM
Board Icon

Not exactly Scott, at least not the 2 she is eyeing. She really would like a shot with Roush or Hendrick but neither has an opening unless they break a contract with a driver. They are already maxed out to the 4 car limit. RCR might take a look at her but they also already have 4 cars, Casey Mears might be the odd man out for her to move in but he is starting to run better with Todd Berrier calling the shots. Only Gibbs has an opening that is a top team, question is, is she ok with that? She thinks it's bad at AGR right now with a couple of ego's, wait till she joins with Gibbs.

No team will turn that money down unless they are already at the 4 car limit but it has to be a good team and right now, only Gibbs fits that bill.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:34 PM
Senior Board Member

If it's Hendrick she would go to Stewart/Haas and if Roush someone would go to Yates
Old 06-18-2009, 08:57 PM
Board Icon

Did you misspeak there or did you really say someone from Roush would go to Yates to make room for her at Roush? Man it pains me to see how horrible Yates has gone down the tubes. You'd have to send 2 drivers over to Yates to make room for her since Roush has to cut his cars to 4 after this year unless NASCAR decides to change their stance. I don't see 2 drivers willingly going over there to make room for her.

Unless Tony wants 4 cars, I don't know that she would go there under the Hendrick flag. It's looking like Keslowski will end up there in a 3rd car next year which you already know he comes with stock car experience plus a Cup win and a lot of Junior Nation on his side. Rick wants to keep him in the Hendrick pipeline so he can take over the 5 car when Mark finally retires for real.

If she were smart, she'd stick with what she has been doing for most of her life, open wheel racing. If she thinks she is all that and a bag of chips, then sign on with the American F1 team and hope that F1 is still around after this year. Even if the team is crappy, if you show some talent, other teams, better teams will come after you. If F1 goes and self destructs in the next few weeks, then go run some ARCA races.
Old 06-19-2009, 05:15 AM
Senior Board Member

I still don't think anyone will pass up the goose that lays the golden egg. McFlurry is already a goner from Roush to Yates next year. Ragen or Danica......Tough choice

I will make a far out prediction here. Kurt Busch will go to Stewart/Haas before Keslowski will.

Jr Motorsports goes Cup Racing with Jr and Keslowski and Danica slides into Jr's spot at Hendrick.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:17 PM
Board Icon

You think that's Kurt wanting out or Roger fed up with him? Danica really needs to take a look at the road Stewart took or she will end up like a lot of these others that have tried the jump.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:00 PM
Senior Board Member

Kurt isn't happy at Penske.......Who is happy driving a Dodge?? Reports today are that Petty will change to Toyota by Chicago.

Reports today JR Motorsports will go Cup Racing next year..........Guess I was a few days early on that one.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:04 PM
Board Icon

Actually the JR Motorsports one is an older one that was heard right after 'Dega. Have to see what comes out in the media over the next week. Rick was meeting with Brad to discuss his options next year and going forward. Junior has said he doesn't believe his team is ready for Cup yet and most of that is because of sponsorship issue's. Wouldn't be surprised, though a long shot, see James Finch's name on the entry list but it being a full-time Cup team next year with Hendrick everything like Stewart-Haas is and Keselowski driving it if Junior decides to keep his team down next year due to not getting a full season Cup sponsor.

I reckon that's just Kurt being Kurt, he's in the Top 5 in points, has been competitive most weeks unlike the last 2 years and yet he's not happy. As for RPM, this has been simmering for at least 2 months with Dodge. Penske said he hasn't seen any money like RPM has said too but he claims to be ok with it for now. Guess so when you own so much crap or are on the boards of many large corporations. I heard whispers that Kurt may end up at Stewart-Haas if he leaves Penske and it may be Newman's doing. Depends on how much he can convince the boss to take Kurt over Kasey. Kasey wants out at RPM, Sunday's win may be an anomaly this season for him. Why is he linked to Tony's team, for those who don't know, him and Tony go wayyyyy back.