User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2009, 02:54 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default It isn't Tony Jr.

I wonder how long before the Dale Jr. apologists figure out that it isn't the equipment, or the crew chief that makes him a mid pack driver? :lol:

Face it, the guy hasn't got it. Mark Martin jumped in a Hendrick car, and does well. Stewart/Hass runs Hendrick cars, and does well.

Jr may be the souvenir king, but he isn't ever going to be a championship winning driver.:thumbsdown:
Old 06-08-2009, 03:38 AM
Rookie

Now thats funny, Jr fans will never admit it is him, always something else.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:46 PM
Board Icon

I wouldn't throw it all on Junior yet. They had a decent day at Dover in their first time out, beginner's luck. They go to Pocono and totally whiffed on a change during a pitstop. He was holding his own and doing ok, but they made one tweak, the car went evil loose and they never got it back under him. Remember this though, he has always run good at Pocono with a Eury on the pitbox. The last time he struggled, he had a new crew chief in Steve Hmiel calling the shots. 2 races don't tell you much in whether anythings working out. They probably had a miscommunication in trying to loosen the car up. Junior probably said he wanted then to loosen it a bit which meant a half round while McGrew thought that meant to do 2 rounds, they have to get to know each other's language on changes.

They also have Rex Stump in their back pocket probably building a special chassis just for Junior's style. He did the same thing for Gordon back in what, 95 or 96 for the All-Star and they crushed the field that night. Had NASCAR not read them the riot act after the race that style chassis would have been used the rest of the year and Gordon would have probably won every race from there on out. While it wasn't illegal, it wasn't something NASCAR liked so they told them to never bring it back to the track or they would penalize them. Same crap they pulled with Jimmie Johnson and Kyle Busch's legal/illegal shocks at Dover in 2005.