User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2008, 01:21 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I seen that too. They didn't say if he hurt anything or not. Looked to me like he might had just had the wind knocked out of him. Hey jackrabbit, the Cowboys will be playing for real and so will the Redskins. The next loss by either team means their season is over. The Redskins have played their hearts out the last 4 games. Weather the death of Shawn Taylor was part of their motivation or not, I don't know. Last year they had to win the last 5 games to make the playoffs and they did just that. So you have to give them some type of credit, eh? I think you and I can agree on one thing, we both HATE the Eagles :wink: .........right?
Old 01-01-2008, 01:24 PM
Board Icon

Dallas is lucky LaVar Arrington is retired. Romo may not have gotten up without some smelling salts to aid him, a la Troy Aikman.

hitman, I am not a Dallas fan, I'm Carolina and slightly Washington. Julius Jones played the whole game?? :lol: :lol: He and his brother Thomas from Big Stone Gap, VA are nothing in the NFL. Thomas was good in college at UVA but never has turned into a top RB in the NFL, Julius was nothing but a punk at Notre Dame and still ain't worth a flip as an RB. Marion Barber is their best RB, not Jones. Let's see though, TO has been hampered by injury, could that be why Romo and the Dallas offense struggled? From the AP: "beating a Dallas team that rested anyone who was questionable with an injury." TO is a huge weapon that Dallas needs on offense, without him a D can pin their ears back and send blitz after blitz because their secondary can matchup 1 on 1. With TO they can't do that because the D has to give help with a double coverage over the top on TO since no corner in the league can matchup physically with him. Washington pinned their ears back on Dallas.

Remember this, Washington still has to get by Seattle first, who last I checked, has beat Washington the last couple of times they have played and a pissed off D for allowing 44 points to Atlanta because the D coaches would only call base D's without blitzing. They have already stated that Washington will not see the base D's, they are going to see the whole playbook.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:28 PM
Board Regular

Hey, about midway through the season, I honestly didn't think the Redskins had a snowball chance in he!! in making it to the playoffs. I'm very happy they went this far, because just about everyone counted them out, including me. Will they make it to the superbowl? I seriously doubt it, but you never know. If Clinton Portis can keep running the ball like he has, and Todd Collins connects with Santana Moss and Chris Cooley, and they don't make stupid penalties, they just might pull it off. We'll see.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:17 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

It will be a good game.
I saw Cooley when they came to Green Bay and he killed us in the 1st half(100 yds or so) and then we made adjustments and shut him down.
Moss got hurt in that game.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:15 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

No excuses to use - everything is factual. Cowboys played their starters the first half; played without T.O., played down Terry Glenn. Granted, they were uninspired and supposedly not playing for anything, but they still played way short of personnel.

I agree...Julius Jones is nothing. The Cowboys future is Marion Barber as a feature back. Jones would be good for a change-of-pace backup, but he's definitely not a starter. However, contributing to the Cowboys 1 yard rushing against the Redskins is that the Cowboys were tooled to run against the Skins and the Skins stacked the box for it. Again, no biggee. Redskins planned and played a nearly flawless game. And they're hot with something to play for.

Here, however, is where I have an issue with the Cowboys. Phillips did not have them ready to play and they played a pretty uninspired game. They were playing their arch-rival, who happens to be the hottest team in the NFC right now and NEEDED the win to get into the playoffs. The Skins happen to always play the Cowboys well, too, so it would have been in the Cowboys best interest to go in there and play to win. As it stands now, the only team that worries me in the playoffs right now is the Redskins. Even if the Skins win and go to Dallas, the Cowboys better be at their absolute very best if they plan on winning.

I hate it when teams lock things up early and then coast into the playoffs. More times than not, it backfires. Look what happened to Indy a couple years ago? 14-2, playoffs locked up, rest everyone, and then get their rear ends handed to them in the first round of the playoffs. Phillips better use that to get them motivated.

Old 01-02-2008, 09:30 PM
Board Icon

Hey Twi, remember the first game in Dallas this year? Washington nearly won that game, they led until the end and still nearly came back to pull it off. The difference, TO was in that game and caught 4 TD passes plus knocked away the Hail Mary by Washington at the end to win 28-23. TO better be ready to go in the Divisional round or it could be a nightmare game for Dallas.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:01 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

My concerns, too. Still, with Glenn back, that'll be a huge plus and opens the field back up for Romo. If T.O. is back, too, that'll be a whole new demon for teams to work against and I give a heavy edge to Dallas if all those cogs are in place.

Cowboys big issue is with Gurode being injured. It severely hampers their running game, even with Barber running. However, if Romo has a lot of targets, it'll spread the defense out and give Barber the room to run, which has been the Cowboys M.O. all year. That's why they have been so successful. The run opens up the pass and visa versa. When the Cowboys are healthy, there's precious few teams that can hang with them.

Old 01-02-2008, 10:14 PM
Board Icon

I thought Glenn wasn't up to snuff in the last game and they decided to Pull him because of his injury?