User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2007, 04:14 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default FRIGGIN PATRIOTS......#@$%^!

After this game you have to belive that the "perfect season" is definitely going to happen. The Ravens all but had the game won, but somehow, someway, those lucky sum-bitches pulled it off. Hell, on that time-out call that erased the 4th down stop ALONE, could of sealed the deal, but noooooo, had to give them another shot, and another, and another, blah blah blah...... :evil: I will just have to accept that they ARE that good, dammit. :sad:
Old 12-04-2007, 01:19 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Actually, I disagree. After last week's Eagles game and again last night, I am now more firmly convinced than ever that the Patriots will not make it to the Super Bowl. Seriously, I hope they win out and go 16-0. Sure, they're a good football team, but as far as the great teams of the past go, the Patriots are frauds. A 16-0 record with an early exit in the playoffs would be like the nectar of the Gods. I would laugh for a week at that.

I liked the comments made after the game, though, because they hit it dead on. Don't remember which Raven's player it was, but his comments were "It's tough enough to play the Patriots without having to play the referees, too. They've put a crown on the Patriots and they want them to win. Well, they won. I hope they're happy."

Bingo. I'm sure he'll get fined for it, but he's spot on.

The Patriots have had referees in their pockets for several years now and pull them out whenever they need to use them. And people actually wonder and marvel why Bill Bellidick and the Kraft family get death threats. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Old 12-04-2007, 02:01 PM
Senior Board Member

I can really only blame the Ravens, we had it and gave it away. Three quarters of some great football, and then they returned to the team I've been watching all year. Our O-line is not consistent enough. That was, in fact, one of their better performances.

Penalties kill us, Bart Scott lost control of himself, time out blunder took the wind out of the defense. Bollers interception, while I don't think it made a huge impact on the game itself, it took away any confidence Billick had in Boller and he got conservative. A mistake when playing the Pats.

I'm sorry TF, I would've loved for the Ravens to have been the team that put a smile on your face last night.

Having said that, I will say the officiating was, as usual, bad. Also, I wish the NFL would rescind the latest pass interference rule, it takes away from the game. Let these boys play and fight for the ball. I thought it was much more fun then.

As a reminder to the NFL, the quarterback IS in fact a football player, all these QB protection rules blow as well. If they can't take an a$$ whooping go play Ping Pong. Some of these QB's get all huffy and puffy if they get knocked down (Tom Brady, Peyton Manning), get up, dust yourself off and play football. I'm not against some protection rule but it's WAY out of hand.

Whewwwwww! I feel a little better now.
Old 12-04-2007, 02:59 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Also remeber this that last TD catch HE NEVER HAD POSSESION AS HE WENT OUT OF BOUNDS. He was juggleing the ball as he went out of bounds yet the refs called it a TD. The Pats will have trouble getting by a real team with a Defense and a Offense in the Steelers next week so maybe then the streak will end.
Old 12-04-2007, 04:58 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

They've been exposed. Eagles did it last week, Ravens did it this week, and the blueprint is there for everyone to see. They key now is going to be for a team to take the referees out of it. If it's close, the refs are going to be the deciding factor. Last week, the Eagles beat themselves with Feeley's consecutive interceptions in the 4th quarter...last night, the refs beat the Ravens.

Mark my words. One of these days a player is going to take out a ref. Suggs would have last night if he hadn't been held back. But some day, a player is going to have had enough and will take out a ref. I'd lay money that it would be in a Patriots game. Maybe when that happens, the league will take a look at the problem. :roll:

Old 12-04-2007, 06:58 PM

Twilight,....I am absolutely NO fan of the Patriots, so I am being un-biased in that I say, By BLAMING the ref's on why the Ravens lost last night, is not a well thought out answer. Look, I TOTALLY agree with you in the aspect of, not just football, but ALL professional sports being "fixed" in some sort of way, as I have posted my thoughts on this in depth previously. But COME-ON, the timeout that was called AS the Ravens were holding the Pat's from getting the 4th and 1 was NOT anybodys FAULT but their OWN. PERIOD. Had they NOT CALLED a timeout, the "perfect" season would NOT have continued. Now if Ravens coaching staff is somehow "working" for the Krafts, then should ANY of us be this passionate about "our" teams? :shock: I can sympathize with your feelings of the Pats. being "cheaters" and the such, but a call like what the Ravens did at that 4th dn. play, really DID beat themselves, no matter if the ref gets some "spending" money. Also they have to be held accountable for NOT getting a 1st dn. on the previous possesion, and for ALLOWING the Pats. for getting a long drive realitively EASY, due to POOR tackling. This time, "fault" lies squarely on the Ravens THEMSELVES, no matter how much, if any, "HELP" :? was granted to the Patriots.....I whole-heartedlly agree that, yes "cheating" is and has been involved in the outcome of professional sports for MANY years, and will be for the years to come, as long as the all mighty $$$ is involved. Sometimes I have to put my cynical thoughts, to which it seems are ALL AROUND, in the back and just enjoy the absolute TALENT and extreme ATHLETICISM for just that.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:37 PM
Board Icon

They are talking about it on ESPN. Those Ravens guys were mad. :P
Well, the Cheateriots play the Steel Curtain this week. Should be good.

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 12-04-2007, 10:49 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I think they'll make the Super Bowl but after teams finally getting their number their win of it is getting doubtful.
Can't believe I missed the game last night
Old 12-04-2007, 10:52 PM
Board Icon

I didnt see it either. I am working days this week, and I went to bed, and didnt watch the game.

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 12-05-2007, 12:35 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Quote:
Can't believe I missed the game last night
I can believe it...probably 1000 miles to the nearest Red Lobster. That'd be a long trip on snowshoes. :P :wink: