User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2007, 05:32 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 2 in a row..... but will there be anymore for JJ?

Yeah ok so maybe he's not a one hit wonder.... but people are talking about his potential to rack up championships.... isn't that a bit premature?

PLUS.... now IF hendrick maintains the level of competitiveness it had this year you have to admit there are now 4 drivers with a real shot at championships. Yes i know some will argue about mears, but he;s got what it takes, he just needs the crew, and i think he will have it in Kyles old team... anyway. JR will be up there next year... in fact this is my official prediction for next year. ALL 4 Hendrick teams will make the chase, so will Stewart and Hamlin. Maybe edwards and kensethand i'm going to call a wild card here. Truex will be a force top be rekonned with....

B U T---- DALE EARNHARDT JUNIOR, 2008 Sprint Cup Champion!

YOUR THOUGHTS?
Old 11-19-2007, 09:36 AM
Board Regular
Default Re: 2 in a row..... but will there be anymore for JJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernpride
Yeah ok so maybe he's not a one hit wonder.... but people are talking about his potential to rack up championships.... isn't that a bit premature?

PLUS.... now IF hendrick maintains the level of competitiveness it had this year you have to admit there are now 4 drivers with a real shot at championships. Yes i know some will argue about mears, but he;s got what it takes, he just needs the crew, and i think he will have it in Kyles old team... anyway. JR will be up there next year... in fact this is my official prediction for next year. ALL 4 Hendrick teams will make the chase, so will Stewart and Hamlin. Maybe edwards and kensethand i'm going to call a wild card here. Truex will be a force top be rekonned with....

B U T---- DALE EARNHARDT JUNIOR, 2008 Sprint Cup Champion!

YOUR THOUGHTS?
NA$CAR has turned into a complete joke thanks to Brian France . I used to love the sport and now I rarely watch anymore . It will be JJ and Gordon contending for the title again next year . No way Casey Mears will make the chase , he could be in the bottom 5 worst drivers in the series .
Old 11-19-2007, 08:46 PM
Board Icon

That's a huge oversight there Smooth, I mean he did finish 15th in the standings with 2 DNF's. I mean, JJ had 4 DNF's, the difference, he had more wins than Mears and more Top 10's. Gotta remember, this was his first year working with Darian Grubb and next year he will get another crew chief. Same thing happened to him at Ganassi, he had Jimmy Elledege for a year, then got switched to Donnie Wingo, then went to Hendrick this year. The kid hasn't had any stability, everytime he starts to gel with a crew chief they get taken away.

As for JJ, Chad Knaus will not be there long enough for him to get to 7 titles. Chad has been doing this for many years now, he isn't far from moving into a strictly office position or retiring completely. Look at Kenseth and Reiser, they have been split up and I thought that would never happen. Now we will see just how good Kenseth is with Reiser not able to make any calls for him. Bit premature to be saying they will match Cale Yarbourgh's 3-peat when everything is changing next year. The new car will be in use on all the tracks and nobody has any racing condition notes for it on a good portion of the schedule.

If all 4 Hendrick cars are not in the Chase next year, 1 will just miss out. Rick is making it his personal goal to get the 88 and 5 up to the same level as the 24 and 48. He is sending all resources over there to elevate them.