User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2007, 12:35 PM
Senior Board Member
Location: Livin' large in the Ozark mountains of western Arkansas
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Ricky Williams to return to the Dolphins

It was reported in this morning's paper that Ricky Williams will return to the Miami Dolphins beginning with practice this coming Monday. Even though the Dolphins have an 0-9 record you wouldn't think they'd be that desperate. "He'll be a member of this team," Miami coach Cam Cameron said. "He'll be a Miami Dolphin". :cry:
"Talk to me Goose".
"What we're dealin' with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law," Sheriff Buford T. Justice.
Friends don't let friends drive for C.R. England!
Old 11-16-2007, 12:40 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

At least til the next drug test. Sorry how many chances are they going to give this REJECT from the Projects. He should be doing time like Vick also instead they keep giving him chance after chance. Here is a way to stop illegal drugs in sports you get caught doing them immeadiate LIFETIME BAN for any Performance enhancing and especially the Illegal ones like WEED and Coccanie. Get a DUI 2 year ban second one gone for LIFE no chance to appeal it no chance to coach NOTHING. Kids look up to you as a role model and HERO start acting like one.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:41 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironeagle2006
At least til the next drug test. Sorry how many chances are they going to give this REJECT from the Projects. He should be doing time like Vick also instead they keep giving him chance after chance. Here is a way to stop illegal drugs in sports you get caught doing them immeadiate LIFETIME BAN for any Performance enhancing and especially the Illegal ones like WEED and Coccanie. Get a DUI 2 year ban second one gone for LIFE no chance to appeal it no chance to coach NOTHING. Kids look up to you as a role model and HERO start acting like one.
we could also cut hands off of shoplifters too...... :?

Old 11-16-2007, 02:45 PM
Board Icon

Well, who knows. He may actually be clean. That's interesting news. We will see how he does.

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 11-16-2007, 02:51 PM

MIke all I am saying is look at all the Drug scandals that are in Sports now. The Tour de France should be called the Drug de Farce the NFL is almost the National Felons League the MLB has so many players on ROIDS they can not keep a straight face. I could go on but do not want to get banned.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:34 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
MIke all I am saying is look at all the Drug scandals that are in Sports now. The Tour de France should be called the Drug de Farce the NFL is almost the National Felons League the MLB has so many players on ROIDS they can not keep a straight face. I could go on but do not want to get banned.
And sports have never been more popular.

Old 11-16-2007, 08:06 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Kids look up to you as a role model and HERO start acting like one.
And that right there is the problem. They're not role models they're people, real human beings that sometimes make bad choices. We put these guys up on a pedestal and when we find out they're humans with flaws just like the rest of us we tear them down and call them bums. I don't put them on pedestals so I accept there mistakes and move on.

With the amount of money in professional sports now a days and the pressure they're under how can they not be tempted. Prolong my career a little and I can make another 3 million, they think.

Don't give me the old days crap either, guys did the same things back then it just wasn't reported. Maybe not steroids per sa, but they had other temptations.

Quote:
We wouldn't have a football left team in Baltimore. :shock: :shock: :lol:
Old 11-16-2007, 08:10 PM

Actually you would just not as good. Modell would have to put people without Criminal records on the field. Look at the NBA they get into anykind of trouble on or off the court and they come down HARD on them players Refs coaches does not matter who they are even owners just ask Mark Cuban of the Mavs how much he has been fined for his outbursts.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:47 PM
Senior Board Member

Yeah, I'm not saying there shouldn't be consequences, just that we forget sometimes that these guys are human and have flaws and weaknesses just like the rest of us.

EDIT: Except for me :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 11-16-2007, 09:11 PM

Same here. I remember my HS days of waking up Saturday and not being able to get out of bed without help. I also was exposed to underaged drinking but refused to do it for a simple reason I knew what my father would do to me when HE GOT HOME. These players now get into trouble and it gets covered up until someone dies or is severly injured and it can not be quieted up. Yet they still have people defend them look at Micheal Vick he is a Convicted FELON for DOG FIGHTING yet people still want him to be able to play in the NFL after he gets out of prison.