User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2007, 04:18 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Yeah, that will be a good one. Kansas vs. Mizzou.

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 11-24-2007, 09:38 PM
Board Icon

Florida, and Florida State are playing. That should be good. :lol:

OU is taking care of OK State..

Old 11-24-2007, 11:10 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95
I got a feeling WVU could go down today. If that happens, puts OSU as #2 behind either Kansas or Mizzou. The big question could be if OU knocks off the winner of today's matchup with Kansas and Mizzou next week. Who's #2?? Depends on how far LSU falls or if Georgia gets by Georgia Tech. Wouldn't that be something, Georgia gets to play for a title without being SEC Champs(pending Tennessee-Kentucky game today) or even Va Tech can leapfrog Georgia. Gawd what a mess. :lol:
That 66 to 21 victory for WVU over UConn sure looked nice. I wish I was 10-15yrs younger, I'd be heading to Morgantown, which is only about 1/2hr from me. Gonna be a party there tonight.

I just hope they don't screw up next week when they play Pitt.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:00 PM
Board Icon

Yeah, that feeling was way off. I really thought UConn's D was a little better than that, they got shredded for 624 yards.

What a game Mizzou and WV could put out if they play one another. Break out the oxygen masks.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:33 PM
Senior Board Member
Location: Livin' large in the Ozark mountains of western Arkansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379
Holy Mackeral! :shock:
Arkansas beat, LSU. :shock: Dang, I wished I could have seen that game. I forgot that they played today.
You got it, Jackrabbit! Them Hogs did good. I'm proud of those kids as they played the best game I can remember! 8)
"Talk to me Goose".
"What we're dealin' with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law," Sheriff Buford T. Justice.
Friends don't let friends drive for C.R. England!
Old 11-26-2007, 03:14 PM
Board Icon

Yeah, my parents went to Ft. Smith for the weekend. (we had Thanksgiving here on Thursday, they left Friday morning) I couldnt go..some people have to work for a living. :P I stayed, mainly due to weather. I didnt want to get stuck somewhere, and try to explain why I couldnt work Sunday night. :lol:
We do have quite a bit of snow around the area. :shock:

Yeah, my dad called me, Friday night. He asked me what I thought of the game. I was like, huh? :shock: What game? I couldnt believe that I missed it. I thought they were scheduled to play on Saturday. :evil: Dad told me that the Hogs never gave up, and they played their hearts out.

Old 11-26-2007, 03:18 PM
Board Icon

Well, the new rankings are out. Man, they suck. :P

Could yall see Mizzou, and West Virginia play for the National Title? That should be a yawner. :P :lol:

Old 11-26-2007, 04:32 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379
Well, the new rankings are out. Man, they suck. :P

Could yall see Mizzou, and West Virginia play for the National Title? That should be a yawner. :P :lol:
I have no interest in seeing that matchup at all,I am being a little hypocritical when I say that because I don't want to see the same teams every year,but Mizzou and WV........

For selfish reasons I would like to see OU knock off Mizzou and that would send Ohio State to the Championship game and thereby getting Michigan State a better bowl game 8)

Old 11-26-2007, 06:13 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Ohio State doesn't deserve to play for the title. If they do, they'll get blown out.

Again. :roll:

But what else is new? The BCS is a Big 10 brainchild. :roll: :roll: :roll:

If Missouri and West Virginia win next week, they'll play for the title and that should be an incredible, high-scoring game. I'll watch that one, no doubt. If Ohio State skates into the title game unearned, I'll pass this year. Getting beat 52-3 would be a serious yawner.

Again, the BCS is a total cluster-****. I believe it goes through '09 and then we'll finally see a playoff based off of some form of the BCS ranking system. Too many coaches and universities are ticked off at the pathetic system, to endorse it any more.

Old 11-26-2007, 07:37 PM
Water Board Administrator
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
Ohio State doesn't deserve to play for the title. If they do, they'll get blown out.

Again. :roll:

But what else is new? The BCS is a Big 10 brainchild. :roll: :roll: :roll:

If Missouri and West Virginia win next week, they'll play for the title and that should be an incredible, high-scoring game. I'll watch that one, no doubt. If Ohio State skates into the title game unearned, I'll pass this year. Getting beat 52-3 would be a serious yawner.

Again, the BCS is a total cluster-****. I believe it goes through '09 and then we'll finally see a playoff based off of some form of the BCS ranking system. Too many coaches and universities are ticked off at the pathetic system, to endorse it any more.
TF I'd like you to think about something for a minute. We can switch to a playoff system if you like but it wont change anything in the big picture. By that I mean if there was a playoff for the last 100 years the total number of championships and victories for the top 10 or 20 schools in history would be roughly the same. Only the year in which they won would be different. For example a 2 loss Oklahoma (or any major player) would get hot in the playoffs and win it all in a given year and an undefeated Oklahoma would get eliminated early. But over the course of time the big schools would still dominate. As an Ohio State fan I could care less what system you go with because I know we'll be there every year. You can hate on OSU all you want but fact is they were a major underdog when they beat Miami. The only thing that matters is what system you use and how that team plays on that day. Miami was still a great team even though they lost. The only difference it would make is a school like Hawaii would get their chance but odds are the cinderellas would get eliminated 90% of the time. The glory, awards, championships, blue chip prospects, future NFL starts etc. will still be dominated by the OSU's, Michigan's, Penn State's, Notre Dame's, Oklahoma's, Texas's, Nebraska's, SoCal's, Alabama's of college football. I didn't intentionally omit any school just trying to make a point. I can remember many 1 loss OSU teams that didnt get a shot but could play with any team in the country and I'm sure the other powerhouse teams feel the same way. So go ahead and change it if you want but we'll still be there every year and bottom feeders will still be bottom feeders. I'd love a shot at this years game but I'll take a Rose Bowl victory and 12-1 record any year. If we get in fine if we dont oh well, I know we'll be back and soon. BTW when Tressel coached at Youngstown State Div 1-AA there was a playoff system and from 1991-1999 they went to 6 title games winning 4. So whichever way you like it thats fine with me, we're not going away. My point is playoffs are just another measuring stick so to speak. And if a 1 loss Ohio State team isnt deserving then who? LSU? Georgia? USC? Obviously there all great teams but beatable. The system is what it is. Just tell us what the rules are before we snap the ball and we'll play by them right? Just my way of looking at it.