User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2007, 05:47 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Some guys are just easily distracted. TO is distracted by himself and Romo by pretty blondes.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:46 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

I seriously doubt that it was a distraction. Romo has shown himself to be above stuff like that.

It was an off-game against a very good defense, period....he certainly can't go 300 yards and 3 TDs every week. Plus, the Eagles are a good team...they had an off-night when the Cowboys went into Philly and blew them out earlier this year. I knew it wouldn't happen again...their defense is just too good and there was no way they'd come into this game unprepared. Dallas embarrassed them earlier this year and they wore that chip on their shoulders big time. The Dallas D played a good game this weekend...the offense just couldn't get on track. And Romo's problem was his thumb...reminded me so much of when Brett had the thumb issue a year or so back. His words? "I'm fine." Just like Romo. I just hope he gets healed up by playoff time. As a matter of fact, I hope they all get healed up. Dallas got banged up pretty badly.

Anyway, that loss didn't surprise me at all. I didn't expect a letdown...I just figured the Eagles were going to make things tough and they did.

Couple of things, though.

Roy Williams suspended for 1 game?!? Are you kidding me?!? What the hell kind of a punishment is that for the horse-collar tackle. 15 yards and a fine and that's supposed to be it! You'll see that one addressed in the meetings after the Super Bowl.

Brian Westbrook is a freaking genius. I swear, as much as that ticked me off, I have to admit, that was one of the most unselfish and smartest things he could have done. Had he gone in, Dallas would have been down 2 scores with just under 2 minutes left. It could have been Buffalo all over again. Smart, smart, smart move...and damn funny now that I've had time to digest it.

Finally, no worries in Dallas right now. They've still got homefield advantage. For them to lose it, Green Bay will have to have the better record. With 2 games left, expect Dallas to be back on their game next week.

Old 12-18-2007, 01:24 PM
Senior Board Member

Don't get all defensive humble pie when eaten early can help these players work harder and check their egos. I said earlier that I did like Romo, really I do. But if you read my earlier pos,t my sis is a Big Eagles fan so I am very happy for them. Bottom line someone has to win and someone has to lose.

My team lost and I am not mad, all kinds of reasons for it but they lost.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:25 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Where do you come off thinking I am being defensive and upset? :?

Eagles outplayed the Cowboys, bottom line. The Cowboys offense had an off-game, bottom line. It's a loss...that would be 2 against 12 wins. How's the Seahawks record, by the way?

I'm not at all upset and not at all worried. Cowboys already have clinched a first round bye and have the home-field advantage tiebreaker over the Packers. All in all, things are still looking good in Dallas.

By the way, T.O. pegged it perfectly right after the game. He said the loss was probably a good thing to happen when it did and it's gut-check time. I'm sure they'll bounce back fine.

Old 12-18-2007, 07:32 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Roy Williams suspended for 1 game?!? Are you kidding me?!

I think his past finally caught up with him-I think he's done this 4 times in 2 years. If so he deserved the one game suspension
Old 12-18-2007, 08:05 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Actually, he doesn't. It's all about the name with him. I watched the Vikings/Bears game last night and there were 2 horse collars that I saw that I don't believe even got flags and I've see plently of other no-flag horse-collars this year. It's one thing to flag and fine...I think every fan out there is OK with that. But to hand out a suspension? Are you joking?!? The helmet-to-helmet hits and the spears happen all the time, are far more dangerous, and only draw fines. This one will backfire. If a player (not just Williams, but ANY defensive player) knows he's only got a split second to horse collar a ball carrier and he knows he's going to get a 1 game suspension for it, he's gonna go all out and make the suspension worth it. Someone is going to get hurt.

Old 12-18-2007, 08:20 PM
Senior Board Member

T/F I miss spoke when I said you were defensive and mad. You team is great and Seahawks suck, Yes I know that. As far as where do I get off, Well Clearly Not Enough 8) .
Old 12-18-2007, 08:50 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

:roll: :roll: :roll:

The Cowboys are not my team, they are Jerry Jone's team. I am lobbying for a percentage stake in them, though. However, I am simply a very big fan. I am not upset that they lost to the Eagles and quite frankly, I'm not all that surprised. Both Defenses played good games...both offenses were off, but the Eagles offense was just a bit better, enough to get the job done. Seriously, I'm glad the Eagles have been eliminated...they're probably playing some of the best football right now.

The Cowboys lost nothing by losing the game...they only let the Packers get a step closer to them, but it's still their home-field advantage to keep or give up. Barring a big upset on either side of the bracket, the Packers and Cowboys will most likely end up in the NFC championships game. The Cowboys have the inside track on that being played in Dallas, but the Cowboys are a terrific road team and wherever it's played, they'll be tough.

Old 12-19-2007, 12:34 AM
Board Icon

A player who does the horse collar thing for the first time is not likely to get a suspension but if he does it repeatedly he will.
Old 12-19-2007, 11:13 PM
Senior Board Member

I know it is blurry but I bet you can make out the middle.