User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2007, 03:33 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

you have to hook up with the Canuck

Going to drive the teams crazy during the race when the sun goes down.

Good-I love it when that happens :P
Old 09-07-2007, 09:36 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Dunno know if you will see this Yanke, but I'm in Old Dominion, Section I, Row 25.

Looks like the weather will hold, close to 95 during the day, cooling to 68. Slippery track to start that will tighten up as the night goes on, not good for a car that is already tight even in the hot sun. Could be a lot of bent tempers to go along with bent fenders since the Chase field is basically set, Jr would have to get all bonus points, win and hope Harvick blows up on the first lap.

#24 was real strong in practice's, fastest in final practice with Ragan and JJ right behind and Harvick was 4th. Jr. was horrible and Stewart was 14th.
Old 09-09-2007, 01:48 PM
Board Icon

Good race, real good race at the end for 2nd place, 4 drivers wanted it. Not sure just how strong Johnson was but Ragan was the fastest at the end there even with traffic, another caution and 50 laps and Ragan prolly wins. Man did Robby Gordon ever pop a tire, dunno know if it was caught on tape but it sounded like a bomb went off.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:39 PM
Board Regular

Man, I agree! Great race! The last 35-40 laps were the best racing of the year in my opinion! Gordon, Stewart, JR.and Ragan were at war man! Too bad Jr. blowed up. I wanted him to win that race, even though i'm not really a fan of his. Sorry mr. ford, I just saw your post now. We were in Henrico tower section J row 10 for the cup race, almost dead center along the back stretch. That wreck that McMurray was involved in happened right in front of us, as well as Reed Sorrensen's car catching fire.(got some good pics of that one!!) Busch race was a snoozer, Kyle busch led over 200 of the 250 laps. We had great seats for the Busch race Commonwealth section A row 42, right at the apex of the "D" at the start/finish line. I was amazed that I could get right beside the track to take video and pictures while they were running under green. 43 cars whipping past you at full throttle 20 feet away from you with only a chain link fence and the wall seperating us was the ultimate aderinelln rush! All in all i had a great weekend! busch & cup quals, and 650 laps of racing at one of the best tracks on the NASCAR circuit! Only downsides to the weekend was Johnson winning(you are right Mrford, another 50 laps and a caution, the #6 car woulda had him!) and the heat! Man, my canadian blood don't like heat like that this far into the summer!! but it was real nice after the sun went down. Met lots of great people, drank lots of beer and saw some great racing! I couldn't have asked for a better time!

Next year we're talking about getting down to the race in Darlington or the spring race in Bristol or the same richmond race next year. It's gonna be a long wait until that time!!

http://yankedriver.blogspot.com/
http://yankedriver2.blogspot.com/
Old 09-10-2007, 04:26 PM
Board Icon

Glad you had a Great time.
Next year I'd like to go to either Richmond or Bristol
Old 09-10-2007, 08:59 PM
Board Icon

Hope the traffic wasn't too horrible for you. I was home 2.5 hours after the checkers fell and I live 2 hours away from the track. I was home and in bed by 2 am while I heard a lot of fans were either just getting on the road or still sitting in the parking lot at 2 am.

Darlington is one that I want to get to before NASCAR decides to stop racing there. Problem is with parking though, not sure I want to walk 3 miles to get to the track and still have to wait 3 hours to get out. One would think Bristol would be a tough place to get out of but I haven't heard anything bad as far as traffic.

Yanke, what took so long for the safety crews on the McMurray wreck, from our view at the entrance to pit road, looked like a pig pile going on. Was he slow getting out? We never saw him or Blaney get out.

BTW, those 2 red flags seriously sucked @ss. The first one could have stayed yellow, guess they safety crews were unionized and being paid by the hour. They were god awful slow cleaning up the fluids.