User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2007, 09:24 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default New week, new scuffle in NASCAR

What a wild race Sunday.

The scuffle with Montoya and Harvick was good stuff and they say NASCAR is the wild bunch, the IRL had a straight up brawl a few weeks ago at Watkins Glen while CART has had several punching scuffles over the past year along with the Sports Car race at Mexico City earlier this year. At least Harvick and Montoya "discussed" dinner plans. For the record, neither is expected to be fined. "I don't think they were fighting," said Robin Pemberton, NASCAR's vice president of competition. "They were discussing things." Said series director John Darby, "I thought it was cool as hell." Harvick will not be penalized for, "I told him I was going to kick his azz."

Liked the fan access to the cars. Of course the announcers and later on NASCAR Victory Lane were saying how dumb it was, it was neat to see and gave the drivers something to laugh about and lose the road rage for a while. Last time I saw something like that was Pocono when a fan ran across the track and either caused a wreck or nearly caused one. Might have been in qualifying when it happened.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:20 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Montoya would have cleaned Harvicks clock
All yap-no action
Old 08-14-2007, 08:30 PM
Board Icon

Gosh, watching INC last night brought back memories. They were talking about the fan incident this weekend at the Glen and what did the studio guys bring out, the 1986 race at 'Dega where a fan stole the pace car and took off around the track with it. NASCAR ended up having to put a roadblock up with the safety vehicles to get the guy stopped. Once they did stop him, he got pummeled by the officials.

Still cannot believe the 2 best cars wiped out going into Turn 1. Had Gordon's happened with 20 laps to go, he had a legit shot at catching Stewart again. The team hit on something in the last stop and that 24 car came alive and was running the fastest laps on the entire weekend. Problem was, Stewart was also running his fastest laps at the end trying to catch/keep up with Gordon.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:42 AM

I was becoming more of a Harvick fan after he beat Martin at Daytona but not anymore. I too think Montoya woulda wore him out had it escalated. I'm diappointed in Kenseth too, come on man your not that busy sitting in your car on a red flag, sign the man's hat.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:20 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripplecreek
I was becoming more of a Harvick fan after he beat Martin at Daytona but not anymore. I too think Montoya woulda wore him out had it escalated. I'm diappointed in Kenseth too, come on man your not that busy sitting in your car on a red flag, sign the man's hat.
Did the guy have a pen? If not that would have made it a little difficult to sign the fellows hat.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:34 AM
Board Icon

He had a pen or marker or something that he pulled from his back pocket. Kenseth was talking with Biffle over their private radio channel when Biffle told him the guy was coming up to his right side window. Kenseth left the radio open so Biffle heard everything and was dying laughing in his car.