User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2006, 06:43 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Tuna

What's up with Coach Parcells? Is he always this negative? I heard him on the Sirius tonight,and he talked about Romo. The interviewee asked Coach Parcells about how he feels about Romo being Pro Bowl eligible. Coach Parcells said something like,"you gotta be kidding! Are yall on drugs? Man,who is putting these guys in the Pro Bowl." Me personally,I love to watch Romo. I didnt get to tonight,because I was working,but I just saw the highlights on SportsCenter. Man,Romo is somethin! Just when ya think that he's gonna get sacked,he hits a receiver in the numbers. They had Parcells on,and someone asked him something,and he said,"well,I am impressed with Romo,because he didnt have any interceptions. Let's not get out the annointing ointment,yet." :shock: Man,what does Romo have to do to get Coach Parcells to say something good about him? I remember Parcells when he coached the Giants,but I dont remember him being a jerk. Maybe,I just dont remember.
Old 11-24-2006, 01:35 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

I know exactly why he's doing it and I'm glad he is.

You've got Tony Romo, who at this point, looks like he can pull a Ben Rothlesberger and take the Cowboys deep into the playoffs in his first year, maybe even the Super Bowl. Romo is a very good QB, make no mistake. He's got 4 years in the organization and has had plenty of time to mature. He's out of the gates this year like a rocket and he's so much fun to watch.

But everyone, and I mean everyone, is putting this kid on a pedestal and making him out to be the the best QB to ever play the game. Heck, some fans even hung his name in the ring of honor at Texas Stadium before the game! :shock:

Parcells isn't being a jerk...he's being smart. He's trying to keep this kid's feet on the ground so that when he does have a bad game (and he certainly will), he has a better chance of bouncing back. He even made the comment yesterday that he's looking forward to seeing how Romo comes back after a bad game. So far, he hasn't had one, but it'll come.

And Parcell's plan of attack is working. Someone asked Romo about the Ring of Honor stunt and he actually got a bit upset, saying he had no business anywhere near the Ring of Honor right now. He said that all those guys have had huge careers and earned that right. He hasn't.

The kid has a good head on his shoulders. Parcells will keep him grounded in reality and hopefully prevent what happened to Rothlesberger after winning the Super Bowl last year.

And while on the subject of Parcells, if this is Parcell's last year, does Gruden come in and take over? It's been all the talk the past couple of weeks and Gruden has savagely denied the rumors. But he made a very, very interesting comment last night after the game. He said of Romo, "man, it was like watching Troy Aikman out there." Gruden isn't one that makes compliments all that much and very rarely about an actual opposing player. Setting the stage maybe? :shock:

Parcells is in his last year and has said not a word about re-upping. If the Cowboys win the Super Bowl, Parcells absolutely will not return. He'll retire on top. The Cowboys team with the defense they have, is tailor-made for Gruden. All I know is that I love being a Cowboys fan.

Old 11-24-2006, 02:37 PM
Board Icon

That's a good point. I was pretty tired,and loopy when I got home last night,and I was excited about the win,and then I heard Parcells on the press conference. :shock: Yeah,I see what he's doing. Trying to keep Romo's head from getting too big,and keeping the team from doing something stupid. You can get arrogant,and then your team goes to pot.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:27 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
I know exactly why he's doing it and I'm glad he is.

You've got Tony Romo, who at this point, looks like he can pull a Ben Rothlesberger and take the Cowboys deep into the playoffs in his first year, maybe even the Super Bowl. Romo is a very good QB, make no mistake. He's got 4 years in the organization and has had plenty of time to mature. He's out of the gates this year like a rocket and he's so much fun to watch.

But everyone, and I mean everyone, is putting this kid on a pedestal and making him out to be the the best QB to ever play the game. Heck, some fans even hung his name in the ring of honor at Texas Stadium before the game! :shock:

Parcells isn't being a jerk...he's being smart. He's trying to keep this kid's feet on the ground so that when he does have a bad game (and he certainly will), he has a better chance of bouncing back. He even made the comment yesterday that he's looking forward to seeing how Romo comes back after a bad game. So far, he hasn't had one, but it'll come.

And Parcell's plan of attack is working. Someone asked Romo about the Ring of Honor stunt and he actually got a bit upset, saying he had no business anywhere near the Ring of Honor right now. He said that all those guys have had huge careers and earned that right. He hasn't.

The kid has a good head on his shoulders. Parcells will keep him grounded in reality and hopefully prevent what happened to Rothlesberger after winning the Super Bowl last year.

And while on the subject of Parcells, if this is Parcell's last year, does Gruden come in and take over? It's been all the talk the past couple of weeks and Gruden has savagely denied the rumors. But he made a very, very interesting comment last night after the game. He said of Romo, "man, it was like watching Troy Aikman out there." Gruden isn't one that makes compliments all that much and very rarely about an actual opposing player. Setting the stage maybe? :shock:

Parcells is in his last year and has said not a word about re-upping. If the Cowboys win the Super Bowl, Parcells absolutely will not return. He'll retire on top. The Cowboys team with the defense they have, is tailor-made for Gruden. All I know is that I love being a Cowboys fan.
As a lifelong 'Boys fan Flyer, that is one of the best posts I've read ANYWHERE concerning Romo, and all of the media hype that is all of a sudden being hung on him. Kudos to you for having the insight ( I seriously thought I was the only one :shock: ) to realize that the worst thing that can happen to Romo is for him to start believing all of the press that being printed about him. Just look at Big Ben for a prime example. Bettis retires, now Ben has to throw 45 times a game instead of 20, and now, all of a sudden, he's not the next coming of Joe Montana. :wink:

I sincerely hope that Tony Romo does lead the 'Boys into the playoffs, and a whole lot further, but I for one will not be the least bit surprised when a defensive coordinator figures him out, and the rest of the NFL then follows along.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:43 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default Re: Tuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379
What's up with Coach Parcells? Is he always this negative? I heard him on the Sirius tonight,and he talked about Romo. The interviewee asked Coach Parcells about how he feels about Romo being Pro Bowl eligible. Coach Parcells said something like,"you gotta be kidding! Are yall on drugs? Man,who is putting these guys in the Pro Bowl." Me personally,I love to watch Romo. I didnt get to tonight,because I was working,but I just saw the highlights on SportsCenter. Man,Romo is somethin! Just when ya think that he's gonna get sacked,he hits a receiver in the numbers. They had Parcells on,and someone asked him something,and he said,"well,I am impressed with Romo,because he didnt have any interceptions. Let's not get out the annointing ointment,yet." :shock: Man,what does Romo have to do to get Coach Parcells to say something good about him? I remember Parcells when he coached the Giants,but I dont remember him being a jerk. Maybe,I just dont remember.
He's just playing a psychological game with Romo and the team-that's all
Old 11-27-2006, 08:00 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

I'm not so sure it has anything to do with a defensive coordinator figuring him out. The Cowboys have quite literally, one of the most complete offenses in the NFL. You've got 2 top caliber receivers in Glenn and Owens (despite his drops) and Patrick Crayton has emerged as a very dangerous #3. You've got two excellent RB's, one a dasher and the other a bruiser. The O-line is pretty solid and Romo is very mobile and has a very quick release.

The Cowboys hit the 2 step slant and the 1 step WR screen better than anyone. Stack the line and Romo will burn them with his quick release. Flush him out of the pocket and you better have a fast corner chasing him down. Try and stop the run and you're dead if you put Owens and Glenn in single-man coverage. Romo is good, but when you surround him with the talent that Dallas has on offense, they are going to be a nightmare to stop.

I like this Cowboys team about as well as I've ever liked a Cowboys team. Other than the kicking game (Vanderjagt couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat), they are about as complete a team as you're going to find. When they lose, it will be because they beat themselves with penalties or stupid mistakes. All you have to do is look at the Washington game for that.

Old 11-27-2006, 08:02 PM
Board Icon
Default Re: Tuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoopr
He's just playing a psychological game with Romo and the team-that's all
Yeah,I have realized that. At first,I thought,"what a jerk,here you have a super qb out of no where,and he is bashing him"...but I have realized that Parcells knows who he has,and what they can do,but he is being modest :P ,and what you said :P
Old 11-27-2006, 09:10 PM
Board Icon

I like this Cowboys team about as well as I've ever liked a Cowboys team.

I wouldn't go that far but they are a decent team-Seems like all the other teams are crumbling.
Old 12-01-2006, 12:46 AM
Board Regular

What you dont think Romo knows hes doing a good job? He doesnt need Parcells approval. J.J. is the man to prove all to. If you ask me Romo is doing a better job at qb than Parcells as a coach. Parcells is the one who left Bledsoe in those what, first 5 or 6 games of the season? Bledsoe SUCKED BAD. Everytime he got in the slightest hint of trouble, he threw the ball in the stands just trying to get rid of it.
In my opinion, Parcells is saying what he is saying about Romo because if Romo is doing that good of a job, then the next obvious question is WHY IN THE HE!! DIDNT HE PUT HIM IN AFTER THE 2ND LOSS? Its like Vince Young for the Titans. The Titans started with Kerry Collins. He lost all his games he started. So they decided, well we're losing anyway so lets give Young a try.
I dont dislike the Cowboys, but parcells, cant stand him. You all might see a man trying to use psychology to make his team better. I see a man who has no tact in any form or manner, so what does he know about psychology. His giants won because back then he was respected because he was hardnosed, strict, but loved his players and it showed. Now hes just hardnosed. And I dont think he likes TO being on the team either. I can see saying Bah humbug way before Ho ho ho. Grumpy old man needs to buy a racecar and get out of football because hes burnt out and showing it
Old 12-01-2006, 01:40 AM
Board Icon