User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2006, 05:05 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default Busch Race

Deja Vu from last Sunday
Anybody to care to explain to me the mix up with the restart at the end of the Race?
Old 10-14-2006, 12:13 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Glad I went to bed before the race was 50 laps old. 3 red flags??

Apparently, Mears pitted and was still scored in front of Edwards who I guess had passed him while he was pitting. Edwards had made his final stop with like 30 laps to go and Mears raced on till about 15 to go and then pitted under caution as the leader. When he came out, he was scored ahead of Edwards. Now, nothing has been said about whether Edwards was lapped or not while making his stop, so I assume he was not lapped. Anyways, Nascar red flagged the race to figure out who the leader was after Edwards crew protested. Had Edwards been lapped during his stop, then Nascar screwed up by placing Mears behind Edwards. If the above happened, Edwards was a lap down when Mears pitted, then Mears should have been scored as the leader with Edwards and whomever else placed ahead of him on the track, at the tail end of the lead lap. Don't know what Edwards pitted for but if he did 4 tires and fuel, there is no way he could have stayed on the lead lap at Charlotte which would mean Nascar has screwed Mears out of a win for the 3rd time in less than a year. Screwed him at Texas and Homestead last year for debris cautions where the debris was in the freakin stands. Caused Casey's 8-10 second leads to be erased with like 10 laps to go.
Old 10-14-2006, 08:58 PM
Board Regular

Glad i stayed up watch the end.

Still not sure if NASCAR got the call with mears and edwards right but it was a repeat of last week.

Wonder what kind of finish well have tonight?
Old 10-14-2006, 09:49 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash935
Glad i stayed up watch the end.

Still not sure if NASCAR got the call with mears and edwards right but it was a repeat of last week.

Wonder what kind of finish well have tonight?
LOL-probably the same
Old 10-14-2006, 11:18 PM
Board Icon

Doesn't matter much now, but had Mears won the race, it may have been taken away or Nascar would have gotten flooded with hate mail. On his final stop, where all the confusion came from, he ran the stop sign at the end of pit road which normally gets you sent to the tail end of the longest line. ESPN has video of him blowing right by it but Nascar missed it completely even though they have an official standing there. By that, Mears should not have even been placed 2nd, he should have been way in the back. Guess what, Edwards would have walked away for the win and Harvick would not have captured the Busch Series Title last night.