User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2006, 07:37 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Room for Rent

I'm not sure if this is the right area to post this, but after reading some of the post about new drivers who are planing on giving up their apartments and homes to go live in their trucks for a few years to save money gave me an idea.

I have a home in North Salt Lake City UT. and I have two empty rooms if anyone wants to rent a room. I will make you a sweet offer. it will give you a place to call home without the cost of having a home. it has parking for your bobtail.

When I started driving 11 years ago, I lived in my truck also. I will tell you it was not easy staying in the truck all the time even with getting hotel rooms from time to time. Its gets extremely old and fast. And the one thing that always scared me, is if you would lose your job for any reason you instantly become homeless.

e-mail me if you want more info [email protected]
Old 12-26-2006, 12:47 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default Re: Room for Rent

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmst
I'm not sure if this is the right area to post this, but after reading some of the post about new drivers who are planing on giving up their apartments and homes to go live in their trucks for a few years to save money gave me an idea.

I have a home in North Salt Lake City UT. and I have two empty rooms if anyone wants to rent a room. I will make you a sweet offer. it will give you a place to call home without the cost of having a home. it has parking for your bobtail.

When I started driving 11 years ago, I lived in my truck also. I will tell you it was not easy staying in the truck all the time even with getting hotel rooms from time to time. Its gets extremely old and fast. And the one thing that always scared me, is if you would lose your job for any reason you instantly become homeless.

e-mail me if you want more info [email protected]
Yeah that losing your job.. I didn't think of that. I'm planning to own a truck in the future I hope, but being a company driver and doing it, that would make changing jobs next to impossable unless you live with a friend a while...

Good point.
Old 12-26-2006, 01:58 AM

Wow... living in a truck.. People are getting desperate. How low will you go?
Old 12-26-2006, 03:46 AM

allot of drivers live in there truck for some people driving is the life they choose. for others its a way of saving money for bigger things. for me it paid off financially now, and yes it was a huge sacrifice. but today I am self employed doing what I love.

Truck Driving its more than a job it's a life style and requiters and trucking companies need to start realizing that again.
Old 12-26-2006, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnylightning
Wow... living in a truck.. People are getting desperate. How low will you go?
Well, Probably not as low as you have to go in order to judge others without knowing what the heck you're talking about but what ever.

People Retire to RV's and travel around and don't think nothing of it. Yet someone wants to live in a truck and get paid to do the same traveling and it's a low life?

Most drivers starting out in this industry are in their trucks between 24 and 28 days a month. Every month for two to three years.

Just because you have an address does not mean you don't live in your truck. Alot of us out here live in our trucks and pay for addresses for our family's.. A single guy smart enough to recognize that it's a waiste of money, and gets rid of everything he has and lives in his truck will be one of the people who retire with a fat pay check while you, "Mr Too good to call a truck your home", will be sucking social security checks that hardly cover your bills requiring you to eat pet food.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:01 PM
Default Living in a truck.Be smart learn to earn.

READ RICH DAD POOR DAD, THE MILLIONAIRE NEXT DOOR, LISTEN TO DAVE RAMESEY or read his books, you want wealth learn wealth from those that know. Also learn about building codes lending all this stuff is what to do to be wealthy. Dave says if you save $ a day for 20 years it exceeds a million dollars easily.

You are in the best situation of your life you can save tons of cash to devote it to your retirement you will be able to live off the interest if you play your cards right. Go to trucking shows they have people there that will allow you to save money on taxes and live like a king and get paid to do so.

When you finally get married you can build in the towns that have free land. I said it right free land. I need land because I want to build a dome home but if you want you can get houses already built if you use your head read those books get smart you have the time as a driver so use time in your favor. All you have to do is build a home on that land in so much time about a year. Some places want you to have children like in Kansas but you get paid for bringing these children into their school system about 3k per kid they need to have so many to qualify for grants who knew most places have too many students there are places that don’t have enough. If you think about it say you get savings up decide to settle down and loose the road life usually you will stay within the same 50 mile radius for a year at a time and leave that area when you get vacation time why not set it up to where you can’t loose. While you are on the road take correspondence classes lean a skill that you can earn bank then save so you can buy your home cash take your time off all over the country rent a car tax deduct and vacation every now and then while you are on the road. Most peoples’ largest expense is their home and car if you don’t have these liabilities you have a great opportunity.
If you want to remain single you could homestead there are areas that you could do this for as little as $10k you can establish a hold on a piece of property and live on it with smart modifications like some solar energy water storage system and a basic septic system you can do this while on the road. You need this type of stuff because these properties don’t have city water and sewerage it can cost thousands to get a power company to run a wire to you but you live in a truck then you know how to be conservative with today’s appliances you could be completely off the grid and not miss a beat. There is a book on that too. This guy in that book took a blown engine motor home you can get one cheap and he placed it on a plot of land and for minimal investment he was on his way to owning acreage I mean a big chunk of land.
I didn’t learn about this stuff until I was married not too late but if you are young and want to change your life radically and have massive amounts of cash you can do so by living out of your truck if you have a plan. I was thinking a driver can find properties all over the country invest in them have a place to chill all over the nation and when he sells can sell for huge profits the key is getting land for far less than retail don’t go out and get a condo learn and look and when you get that deal you will know you are making a killing.
If you are concerned with companionship so are the others if you are a male there are females out there that have children and all they want is some time with a man they don’t want the whole deal if that is something you could enjoy there are plenty of them out there. Sad to say it but in a lot of cases a man will not look at a woman with children and these women have needs but don’t have time to go on a search they work and have to tend to the children but want to have some time for what she likes which just happens to be exactly what you like. :twisted:
A trucker friend of mine goes to the Kentucky Derby every year he loves it that is his compensation for working so hard and he hob knobs with royalty has a good time and returns to his truck saving his future rather that peeing it away.
I want to help by sharing what I have learned so you might journey in comfort and security safely. I need help with taxes What can you deduct? All help will greatly appreciated I don't give smart ass replies to those that are acting kindly as so many do. Taxes is an incredible wealth wound learn how to get all that is yours.
Old 03-18-2007, 12:24 PM
Board Regular

Yes, you can get free land. I did not need any book to
know that. But free land is only available at places where
most people won't go. Such as North Dakota.
Turn around and sell it for a profit? Please!!!!!!!
If you could do it you wouldn't get it for free.
I really feel for you if you need somebody else
to tell you how to live your life.