User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2006, 10:35 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NascarFan
Don't reckon you all have priced any quad dump trucks the cheapest I have run across is $58,000 for a 1998 Sterling with a 300HP Cummins not somthing I was intrested in.
Well i really know about tri axles i drove them for about 3 1/2-4 years and my dad been a O/O for over 30 years. I live in PA and we don't run quads here. But that type of truck with them miles in a tri axle i think would go around 50k give or take few bucks.

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 09-18-2006, 10:46 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackman
Quote:
Originally Posted by NascarFan
Don't reckon you all have priced any quad dump trucks the cheapest I have run across is $58,000 for a 1998 Sterling with a 300HP Cummins not somthing I was intrested in.
Well i really know about tri axles i drove them for about 3 1/2-4 years and my dad been a O/O for over 30 years. I live in PA and we don't run quads here. But that type of truck with them miles in a tri axle i think would go around 50k give or take few bucks.
The out fit I work for runs 10 tri axle Macks but we have been looking to add a few quads because we haul 18 tons with a tri but with quad we can haul 21.6 to 22.5 tons depending on how we spec it.

All late model quads around here have been in the $62,000 to $90,000 range.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:56 PM
Senior Board Member

in PA a tri axle can gross 73,280 i know of a company alumatech That makes a body with the right specd mack can get a 26 ton payload. my old mans pete with a steel body can haul 23 tons.

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug