Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Rules and Regulations and DAC, Oh My (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/rules-regulations-dac-oh-my-16/)
-   -   Failed pre-employment drug screen (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/rules-regulations-dac-oh-my/18971-failed-pre-employment-drug-screen.html)

wtftrucks.com 09-18-2013 05:17 PM

I have more than 15 years in the industry on the recruiting side and unfortunately it's true. They haven't hired you, but it's the failure to pass the screening the reason they didn't hire you. Not fair as there are a lot of reason why you may have failed, but it will go on record.

Ron63 01-25-2014 07:33 AM

Not all companies subscribe to the DAC reporting service. These companies are small companys,nearly all the big boys do subscribe. A fail will stay on DAC for three years and will fall off after three years.

JJJ 06-24-2014 06:16 PM

What if one company says you failed your drug test and another company tells you that you passed. What can you do to get the 1st failed drug test off of your dac report? And what small companies that don't use dac report? Thanks for all and any advice. JJJ

JJJ 06-24-2014 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wtftrucks.com (Post 527111)
I have more than 15 years in the industry on the recruiting side and unfortunately it's true. They haven't hired you, but it's the failure to pass the screening the reason they didn't hire you. Not fair as there are a lot of reason why you may have failed, but it will go on record.

What if they company lied on you and put on your dac report that you failed your drug test and you have NEVER used drugs in your life except cigarettes. I'm an Veteran and I would never use drugs.

repete 06-25-2014 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJJ (Post 531040)
What if they company lied on you and put on your dac report that you failed your drug test and you have NEVER used drugs in your life except cigarettes. I'm an Veteran and I would never use drugs.

Lawsuit?? IIRC every test I took was a split sample, that protects everyone.

road trip 08-31-2014 06:44 PM

Say, what happens now with Colo/Wash now making pot legal? I know the Feds have their own rules, but, still, legal is legal - sort of.

Malaki86 08-31-2014 09:12 PM

I read a story addressing that. It's still illegal as far as the FMCSA goes. Period. You want to smoke legal weed, fine. You just won't be driving a truck.

13dart 09-18-2014 08:39 PM

Is there a way to get a positive bac on a random off your record. A friend of mine is having trouble getting hired and was told if gets it off his report they will hire him. He already did the dot sap program.

arstickney427 09-30-2014 10:30 PM

If you had a positive drug screen (false or otherwise) that was given under DOT regulations, you need to go through the return to work program. And yes, it is legal for an employer to disclose a positive UA on a pre-employment screen as it is a violation of federal regulation.

arstickney427 09-30-2014 10:34 PM

I am assuming that you are meaning that they need it off his DAC report... if it has been more than 3 years since it happened, the employer does not have to disclose it. Any earlier than that, they are legally required to report the positive.