User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2013, 10:32 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperhead View Post
I agree that the 30 min mandate thing is just nanny state stuff, but I find it truly amazing how drivers are so averse to the idea. In any other profession, if you did not give the employees at least a 30 min lunch break in 8hrs, there would be almost a riot. And there would be armed insurection if an employer had their employees work 11 hrs without a lunch break. When one steps back and looks at the big picture, some of this prattle looks so amusing.
True, but in this job I drive 5+ hrs out and then turn and burn for about 10.5 a day. It's the easiest job I've ever had and can eat "lunch" at any time I wish. Haveing to take a break in the first 8hr is not really when I need it. With that being said I now sit at the shipper for a half hr and get home a half hr later.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington
Old 09-06-2013, 10:46 PM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebirdrfd View Post
Don't forget that it's AIR miles, not street miles.
100 air miles is roughly 112 street miles.

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 09-10-2013, 11:32 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Before the children started playing with the hos, we were required to take a couple of 15 minute breaks. The difference now is that we cannot stop our clock, yet have to show the break. It isn't really a big deal to me. I usually stop during that time anyway. Before the changes, I usually just logged it as driving time.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:36 PM
Board Icon

That's the thing about the new break rule. Especially, when it's electronic. Or paperless, which we are. There's no way around it. If we don't log off duty for those 30 minutes, we'll be in violation and have to sign the log. Even though we take off 30 minutes, it doesn't allow us to add on 30 minutes at the end of the day. Doesn't make sense.

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 09-12-2013, 02:28 PM
Senior Board Member

I can only get paid for 13.5 hours a day max now. Thats about $2600 a year LESS.

That some should be rich, shows that others may become rich, and, hence, is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.
Abraham Lincoln

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abraham Lincoln