User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2013, 01:13 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Regardless of the regs.... NOT doing a pre-trip can cost YOU (and others') lives! Not doing a post-trip can cost the next driver's (and others') lives.

Please try to remember that YOU are a professional. Not a kid trying to skip class or be late without getting a demerit!

Next time you get on a plane.... do you want the pilot to do a full pre-check.... or just wing it?

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:04 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post

Not true. Sometimes, the post trip is included on your daily RODS (as in my case.) Sometimes, it is a separate form (as WAS my case on an earlier job.) But, without citing the reg for you.... there IS a requirement for a signed PAPER copy of a post trip inspection. And a penalty for falsifying one!
Not true even slightly. Some companies require you to check a box that says you completed 2 inspections. Some require you flag a post at the end of the day. Some dont give a flying crap as long as your pre is done. Dont make **** up.

It sounds to me like this driver is one of those guys who just likes to bitch and is always a problem. You're complaining about a couple minutes? really? So next morning you show up at work... you have 10 minutes before you can log on duty... um you sit around for ten minutes then log on and log your 15. No company is going to run so tight you dont even have 15 extra for traffic etc. It sounds to me like you didnt really want to work that day and were trying to scam out and she was tired of your ****.... drivers cost $$$ to recruit.

On the chance i'm wrong... im not seeing the reason to get into a shouting match over it. If it were an hour or they were trying to force you to log at exactly that time sure. But guess what they have a tough job and bad days sometimes too. You could have told her "ok ill go to the truck and log legally"... and then do just that. But no you got into a scream fight with a person who is probably used to dealing with people like you all day......

Tags
fired, hours of service, mti, osha, whistleblower