User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2012, 06:48 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default PA liscense suspention

In early summer I was pulled over in my car and informed by the PSP that my regrestration on my car has been suspended due to no insurance.At the time of the traffic stop I had insurance on the car.The insurance had lapsed for about 10 days while I was on the road and when I came back I changed insurance companies.I got a court date and later while on the was to LA with a load I asked for and recieved a continuance.I returned home later in the month to discover that the continuance was only for one day and that I was convicted of driving with registration suspended and Penndot sent a suspension letter.I appealed the suspension and the charge.FF to Dec 10 In court I lost the appeal{ I know I should have had a lawyer].Even though the State couldnt prove I knew about the suspension I lost anyway.I am out of options and request any advise as how to handle this.Ive read somewhere that if I transfered my liscence to another State the suspension wouldnt follow.Do I have any options?
Old 12-26-2012, 04:35 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I would think that the suspension would follow you to another state, especially when it comes to a CDL. If your current license is suspended, you should not be able to get another license in another state until the suspension is cleared up and reinstated. I would find a lawyer and see if there is anything that they can do to help you.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:58 AM
Board Regular

This is one of the reasons the CDL program was brought to fruition. Too many drivers were having their license suspended in their home state and all they did was go out of state and get another.

As GMAN suggested, it's time to see a lawyer.