User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2012, 02:07 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I'll repeat........there was NO accident, neither cosmetic nor any payoff or ANYTHING, neither in company equipment nor by me getting out of the equipment and kicking, hitting, spitting on or anything else. There was nothing for the company to even consider paying for anything because nothing EVER happened, not in Ohio nor Iowa as the DAC is specifying. It took Hire Right 1 1/2 years before they were even told where that company says the imaginary accident/incident occurred. And that company 'won't give any further information' on said accident/incident.

According to Hire Right Solutions, their requirements for an 'accident/incident' is :
"Accident/Incident Record
Equipment was involved in an occurrence or act that produced unintended injury, death, property damage of any type, or resulted in the equipment requiring a tow (other than mechanical breakdown) while assigned to the
driver regardless of fault."

By Hire Rights own qualifying reasons for them listing an 'accident/incident' on the DAC, there has to be some kind of paper work proving that claim. No matter how small the infarction, there has to be at least a mandatory drug test. By HR own admission, the one company 'won't give any further information.' Well, hello......isn't that bells and whistles enough to say the claim is bogus?

Anyway, to your comment, no, no scratches, no payoff, no nothing 'cuz nothing happened.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:25 PM
Rookie

UPDATE :

Thanks to a wonderful attorney here in Chicago, ( gotta give a plug....) Tara Goodwin of Edelman, Combs, Latturner & Goodwin, LLC.,
120 S. LaSalle Street, Suite 1800, Chicago IL, 60603, (312) 739-4200, MY DAC IS FINALLY CLEARED! IDK what she wrote to Hire Right but, BINGO!, it was only about a month and I have a clear DAC.

Now the only problem is finding a job since it's been so long since I've driven no one will hire me! Anyone got any good suggestions?
Old 06-23-2013, 10:17 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I am glad that you were finally able to clear your DAC. With all the time, you will probably need to find a company that will put you with a trainer for a time until they feel confident in your ability. You may also want to consider a refresher course. At this point, you have a long gap between driving jobs and you have been out of a truck for several years. From your earlier post, I assume that you only had minimal experience when this started. That won't help, either. My guess is that you will probably need to go with a carrier that provides training or take the refresher.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:57 PM
Rookie
Default Gee, man, yeah.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
I am glad that you were finally able to clear your DAC. With all the time, you will probably need to find a company that will put you with a trainer for a time until they feel confident in your ability. You may also want to consider a refresher course. At this point, you have a long gap between driving jobs and you have been out of a truck for several years. From your earlier post, I assume that you only had minimal experience when this started. That won't help, either. My guess is that you will probably need to go with a carrier that provides training or take the refresher.

Hey, thanks. 'Preciate it.

Yeah, I've already been told that, but even with companies that are willing to put me with a trainer or give me a refresher, they reject my application, anyway. I called the one company that I got a rejection email from and they said that it was because of my "work history." ???? Why? You mean because I haven't been working???? Sorry, but is yous guys blind? Bad DAC equals no work...... DAC cleared now!!!! HELLO?!

I've only been looking for a very short time and only contacted a small handful of companies but I thought maybe someone could give me some good insight and head me into a short cut. You know, recommend a company that would only look at the good stuff on my application. (No accidents, no tickets, no drugs or drinking, a good amount of driving experience (just not OTR), etc, etc.)

So, I'm open for suggestions. Thanks.