User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2011, 02:31 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdancer View Post
I think your best bet would to purchase your truck, get your own authority and then just find your own freight. Or find a company with power Only. They would have a better chance in overlooking his rollover because you are the one paying for your insurance. If you could get your own authority, insurance and a reefer trailer, I wouldnt have a problem putting you on the company I work for, even with the rollover. But as far as leasing on with the other 20 companies i recruit for...NONE of them will touch him with thar rollover.
That is sort of misleading. If his driving record across 20 years shows a tendency towards recklessness.....no insurance company is going to touch him even if he is paying for his own insurance.
IF the roll-over is his only accident, and the LEO's and DOT investigator's did not hammer him hard for the roll-over......most likely it was just a "lay-down", by LEO definition....(but we drivers call everything a "rollover" that involves the wheels not touch the ground as they should).

far_away_eyes said;
Quote:
I am new to this forum and I have a question for you guys. My husband and I used to drive team. I am a four year driver accident free. My husband has driven for 20 years, but 20 months ago he had a rollover. I am just looking for advice on where we may get a foot back in. He is driving locally right now, but we want to buy our own truck and get rolling again
It has been 20 months and he has been driving steadily local"?? If so and he has only that one incident on his record, he should be capable of getting hired at any number of decent companies. IF he has numerous incidents that show he has "reckless disregard".......he is better off keeping his local job.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:18 PM
Rookie

Yes, most of them I have contacted recently said give it another year, so that is what we will do.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:34 PM
Rookie

We are looking into getting our own truck, but that is also a bit down the road, excuse the pun:rofl:. Another bad thing is that the down time is hurting me no matter how great my record is. I was out having surgery at the time it happened (probably a good thing, sleeper didn't come out well :hellno, so I haven't been back in a truck in a little over a year and a half. One small company here turned us down, not because of my husband's rollover, but because I have been out of the truck for that long. :roll:
He told the responding officer it was all his fault, that he should have been in 7th, so he got the careless ticket (my husband is very, very honest). Three to five no matter that he doesn't have any other accidents. The good Lord sends us where we need to go though. If it is meant to happen again it will. Thanks again for all the advice. God Bless

Last edited by far_away_eyez; 08-14-2011 at 01:36 PM.
Old 08-14-2011, 02:38 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Perhaps one of you could get back into a truck until the other could and then you could team up again. Since the main reason you can't get on with anyone is because you have been out of a truck too long, have you considered getting with a company and go with a trainer for a few weeks to get your feet wet? Most insurance companies only go back 3 years on your mvr. You might even think about going with a smaller carrier to get recent experience. Even if it were only 6 months, it would help get you back in the drivers seat.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:06 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchno1 View Post
you a trier sheep dancer be another driver you take a cut out of
I have no idea what that means. Are you sure English is your first language? Are you attempting to say that somehow the money I earn from my clients comes from the drivers pockets? Or do you think drivers pay me directly? Personally, I kind of like that idea. Perhaps I should also bill drivers along with my client companies for my services. Hmmmmmmm.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:48 PM
Rookie

Hey, I like the sound of that job!:clap: Yes GMAN I have been trying to get a regional/local run, but the people in the seat are not giving up those jobs very often here. My husband does not want me out there either because he is a constant worrier. Of course, look what happened to him when I left him alone for five minutes out there.:roll: One company has said they will take us. We are going to see where that goes as soon as he can give proper notice to his company. You always have to worry when they say you are good to go. Nothing is guaranteed until you get through orientation. Although this one was actually worked on by their safety guy.:deal:
Old 09-02-2011, 05:00 AM
Rookie