User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2011, 01:00 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I don't know if it will stop these companies who wrote this bill from stopping it or not. They seem pretty determined to push this legislation through.
Old 07-23-2011, 06:16 PM

Once these get mandated and their effects really begin to come to the surface, I have a feeling a lot of will change. Imagine all the trucks sitting on the shoulder in WY and NV for 10 hours because their EOBR told them their daily duty cycle ended and it would record still more violations that the driver will have to waste 20 minutes on the phone (parked) trying to explain to compliance and to get his "safety counseling session" completed because they drove 30 minutes over if they continued to the next safe area (with available parking in the East) Think of how many violations will be incurred trying to find a parking spot on the I-95 corridor at 10:00pm or the wasted (unspent) time lost trying to avoid potential over-limit scenarios. (shutting down at 7:00pm because you don't know if you can find parking at 8:30 pm and be called the next day and flagged for yet another minor violation)

It's going to cost a lot of people a lot of money and production in order to eliminate a certain minor level of fudging and rounding that makes otr trucking work and pay in order to stop the very tiny amount of very excessive and dangerous abuse of hours that is out there.