User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2009, 10:22 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I have zero expectations when it comes to trucking ...

therefore.... its impossible to be negative :lol2:
Old 12-02-2009, 01:48 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipy46 View Post
I have zero expectations when it comes to trucking ...

therefore.... its impossible to be negative :lol2:
I think you have set your sites far too high
Old 12-21-2009, 03:25 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by headborg View Post
They are claiming it violates company policy and the "non-disclosure" agreement I signed. I'm going to get the opinion of a lawyer on just what I can write within my 1st Amendment rights.

I was under the impression that as long as I didn't disclose "trade secrets", secret recipes/ingredients, rates or contracts I was ok. But.. guess I better worry about: liable, slander, defamation of character????(can you defame a corporation???)
One party may sue another party for any reason. Whether they would win or not is another story. You are generally correct about the "trade secret" clause of many contracts, but just because they wouldn't win a lawsuit doesn't mean they cannot fire you. Also, if they are a large company, they have attorneys on payroll and might sue you just to cost you money, even if they know they have no case. YOU will still have to go out and hire a lawyer and generally cannot recover your expenses from the suing party even if you win the court battle. It is unfortunate, but it is the way things are.

Defamation, libel and slander are another story. You certainly can defame a corporation. For legal purposes a corporation IS a person (really a party, but you get the point here). You better be able to back up what you are saying with documentation, or you most certainly could lose a defamation suit. If the company can show that your (alleged) lies hurt the reputation of that company and therefore they lost money due to lost business, then you are in deep do-do.
Old 12-21-2009, 10:54 PM
Senior Board Member

Well the good news is.. my companies SafeStat Score has improved about 4 points since last month...:smokin: :thumbsup:
Old 12-22-2009, 05:26 AM
Board Regular

Doesn't anyone read the constitution anymore. It protects you from the government not your employer. You can bad mouth the gov't all you want and they can't put you in prison, because of the 1st amendment. Unless they are doing something illegal your company can fire you for things you say and there is nothing you can do about it in most cases.