User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2009, 07:18 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Insurance Points

I still havent had my car fixed from the damage from my "accident" back in May from the events in my other thread "Im Screwed". In my state you have a year to file a claim. My insurance already knew about it in May but since the police report has my incorrectly marked at fault I havent had them foot the bill for fixing it yet because i was fighting the citation and trying to get the accident report corrected. Any of you who followed my other thread know I got the charges dismissed but the report cannot be changed. I told my insurance carrier that I had the charges dismissed hoping it would be enough to get them to not charge me as responsible for the claim and give me any "insurance points". But it seems im going to be charged 3 "points" if I have them pay for the repairs. My question in all of this is that if I have any insurance points with my car insurance is it going to translate into any type of "points" with my employers insurance carrier when they pull my MVR? I'm already concerned enough about whats going to happen when my employer sees the accidents on my MVR as it is, and dont want my car insurance carrier sharing anything with my employers insurance carrier. Hell, they may even be the same insurance company for all I know! Maybe im worrying a little too much about this, I just want to cover my ***** as much as I can here. Thanks for any advice in advance.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:42 PM
Board Regular

Why would anything change when they pull your MVR? By law you are required to inform them of any traffic tickets and accidents whether in their vehicle or yours. If you didn't tell them in May when it happened they very easily could terminate you on the spot when they do pull the MVR! As to "insurance points" what the hell is that? States give points toward the MVR but that is something specific with your insurance company. Basically, if the police report states you were at fault, even though the charges were dropped you are screwed in that aspect. If you failed to follow the law and report your accident to your company you screwed yourself royally!

I'd say you better go to your employer before they pull the MVR and explain the circumstances and ask for forgiveness! Or check out Burger King, I understand they are hiring
Old 08-22-2009, 11:12 PM
Rookie

first of all there is no law or reg stating that a driver must report an accident in his personal vehicle to his employer. 2nd, i already called my employer and the DONT require me to report it