User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2009, 08:53 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Millington - Swift Driving Academy - A Point to make...

Recently, I tried to change my license from one state to another...only to find out that Tennessee had revoked my CDL because I'd attended Swift's alleged driving academy in Millington, TN...you know the one that the FBI, CIA, NSA, US Marshalls and everybody else shut down and raided. I was livid - as in highly pissed - and scared. I'd just moved to this state for a driving job and found out that I didn't have a CDL at all...issedoff:

Well, that was according to the Department Of Safety in TN...initially I was accused of all manner of wrong-doing and blamed for what wasn't my fault. But then I asked questions and did research. This is what I found...

"Tennessee did not indicate that the commercial license issued to CDL holders who tested with the third party testing company were fraudulent or invalid, but indicated that the skills tests were not administered properly as outlined in state and federal regulations for third party testing. For those drivers that are no longer Tennessee residents, they must comply with the state that currently has jurisdiction of their license. That state has sole discretion as to how and if they are going to re-test their drivers."

Since I hadn't resided in Tennessee since early 2008, it was up to my "current" state (I just moved and successfully transferred my license - a CDL A earned at Millington) to decide whether my license and CDL were valid...guess what? They did so...in writing. Thank God.:bow:

What's my point?

If you graduated from Swift's school in millington, tn, and have had residence and a CDL issued by another state - your current state decides what's what - not Tennessee. Tennessee can cry, piss or sh*t themselves in anger... :tears:issedoffand I hope it hurts real bad) - if your state says "this is a valid CDL" and that's your current state (of issue for your license) then its a valid CDL. Tennessee will come on strong and even accuse you of having done something wrong (like its not stupid enough allowing a training school to grade their own students or having a state agency on-site at said training facility) - but keep a cool head and google in quotes a snippet of what's posted above in bold...Tennesse has no state or federal statutes that allow it to over-ride your state's acceptance of your CDL. They will bully you, and speak as if they're correct, but they're pushing False Evidence Appearing Real. Or, in plain vernacular - b*llsh*t.

If you haven't lost your CDL yet, and have been out of millington, TN (since before they started this garbage) and you currently have a good CDL, you're solid - no matter what TN says. If you have a 'hold' on your license when you try to transfer it from one state to a next, print out the full statement from TN (posted above in part), get a statement from your current state indicating the class and validity of your license and change it - TN's 'hold' is garbage when you consider that they themselves admit that your current state knows best - not TN.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:39 PM

yeah that like beating a dead horse on this site the swift cdl mess has been covered from head to toe back a few months ago. but glad you didn't have to take the test over here in Ga. they will make you take the written and road test again
Old 07-25-2009, 10:32 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by state808 View Post
Recently, I tried to change my license from one state to another...only to find out that Tennessee had revoked my CDL because I'd attended Swift's alleged driving academy in Millington, TN...you know the one that the FBI, CIA, NSA, US Marshalls and everybody else shut down and raided. I was livid - as in highly pissed - and scared. I'd just moved to this state for a driving job and found out that I didn't have a CDL at all...issedoff:

I have to ask -- Who told you you didn't have a CDL?

As to a license issued by another state. Common sense would tell you to check with your own state to determine your license status.

kc0iv