User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2009, 06:24 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Golfhobo, thanks for the congrats on getting the charges dropped. The accident report still shows me at fault, and according to my lawyer and the police department that issued it the report cannot be removed or changed at this point. The report has my side on in stating that I told the officer she hit me in the parking lot, and the officer writing down after that he "located pieces of my car on the road the day after the accident was reported". This lie is what got the charges dismissed, he had nothing. It was the other driver who picked up some pieces of my car from the parking lot and told him she took them off the road. Unfortunately the reports always going to be there and always going to show me at fault. However, what I do have is the piece of paper from my court hearing stating that the charges were dismissed. I'll be taking Twilight Flyer's advice and keeping this along with my own rebuttle, and perhaps even one from my lawyer as well stating that I am not at fault. My hope is that if my company does investigate the accidents that piece of paper will be enough to convince them and their insurance company that I did nothing wrong. And im hoping even more the fact that I havent had ANY accidents or safety issues will convince them to just take me word for it when I tell them that i hit a deer and had a no-fault parking lot accident 2 days later. Thats IF they investigate at all, which I hope that they dont. This all happenned on my time in my vehicle and didnt result in any conviction of a moving violation. Luckily I still have a few months to prepare for the worst when the pull my MVR annually.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:10 AM
Rookie

It's your right to tell your part,what you had experienced on that situation and what really happen on that point of time.Have you checked the rear before you accept the ticket?See if it's damage,don't you?As they say,the truth will set you free so don't be afraid.