User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2009, 08:37 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Sorry you are having such a problem with this lying "woman" and with the cop.

JMO, do not, under any circumstances, claim that she may be telling the truth! That just makes you the liar and I would think any judge would ream you for trying to lie your way out of this mess.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:07 PM
Senior Board Member

Yes, I would get an attorney if I were you and fight this. I would also talk to your insurance agent and let them know what is going on.

Also if I were you I would grab a camera and get out to the store this happened at and start taking photos. Hopefully there is still some evidence laying around and a lot sweeper hasn't taken it all away. Also be sure to get several good photos of the damage to your vehicle. If the cop only found a couple of small pieces and the damage was more extensive they will have a hard time explaining it.

If you do win I strongly suggest you sue the liar for slander and what ever else your lawyer can come up with and sue her for all attorney fees, lost wages, damages to your vehicle, etc. It would be a good idea to talk to your lawyer about filing a suit against her from the start as depending on how the court system is set up where you are at the lawyer may be able to get this as part of the case and have everything wrapped up at once. Even if that is not possible your lawyer should know what your desires are in this from start to finish.

Also if she files a claim against your insurance they might, if you do win, turn around and file charges against her for insurance fraud and the state's prosecuting attorney could have have charges filed for making a false police report among other things.

I hope you come out of this OK, and I hope at least one other person learns from your error.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:35 AM
Senior Board Member

Wow what a total BEEP that chick is! Get a lawyer!!! I would of never left that scene without a cop there from the beginning, and I would of been using my camera phone to take all kinds of pictures.

I really don't think this will hold up well in court anyway once it gets there, because you have a your word against hers, with both parties agreeing to leave the scene before a police report was filed. If anything the tickets could probably get dropped, but the judge will probably lean towards naming you at fault, but it is hard to say, one of the reasons you really need to get a lawyer.

As I sit looking all around,
Confusion and uncertainty is all I found.
The answers are there,
But I do not know where.
Optimistic and hopeful dreams,
Are all I have so it seems.
The future I do not know,
So all I can do is take it slow.
But I do know it will work out,
So I wait and watch without a doubt