User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2009, 06:45 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't bother with an attorney..... if you hired one, he or she will probably want a $10,000 retainer (nonrefundable) to take the case.....and unless you want to piss alot of money down a blackhole on a gamble that you will win.... Just get the issue corrected and move on.... reality sucks....but its still reality.....

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 05-31-2009, 11:01 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

If it were me I would start with a letter to DAC and have them investigate. DAC only reports what has been sent to them. In addition, I would also contact JB Hunt and ask for any documentation as was suggested earlier. In a situation such as this you need to be proactive. I am not sure it would do much good to sue JB Hunt unless it was done maliciously, which I doubt. Once you or anyone finds out that there is something on their DAC it is critical to confront the situation ASAP. The longer you wait the more difficult it may be to remove any negative information. If you have a good relationship with your former dispatcher you might want to contact him/her and see if they might lend some assistance.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:39 AM
Rookie

I'm from Canada, so our legal system might be slightly different (and we might be less likely to sue), but here's what I'd do: Phone up the law society of your state and see if they have a legal aid process or at least some sort of free consultation. From what you've written any lawyer worth their salt will help you draft a letter to JB Hunt - perhaps for free.

The goal of your letter is to work with JB Hunt to rectify the situation. You'll probably end up requesting that your record be cleared and some sort of letter that clarifies that any such accident did not happen and that any reports of this accident are false (you might be able to use this in future job applications). You're not looking for an admission of fault (ie. something that could be used to sue JB Hunt at a latter date). Any good lawyer can walk you through this process and, coach you on what to say and how to say it.

This might also be a case where an investment of $2-300 in a lawyer can save you a lot of grief in the future. And BTW, contrary to popular belief, most people hire lawyer to keep them out of court, not blow $$$ going into it. Most of the lawyers that I've dealt with realize this. As others have stated I wouldn't bother trying to sue - if nothing else you might not get any references from JB Hunt.