Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth_Buster View Post
1. Catch up log
2. Check vehicle
3. Check load
4. Fuel vehicle
5. Pay for fuel (even pay at the pump has a receipt)
6. Fill out log

Then 15 minutes have passed
Both Flying J and Pilot now have "PAPERLESS" transactions for fuel. The driver leaves the fuel stop without any receipt of the transaction. However, the date and time of the transaction are recorded on the companies computers.

And, on the time spent in fueling, I agree. While the pumps will run 60 gallons per minute, it takes the same amount of time to put the information in the card reader at the pumps as it does to pump the fuel.

Old 01-22-2009, 03:01 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I've found that most pumps that claim 60 GPM don't pump anywhere near that.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:24 PM
Rookie
Default 70 hr rule / more miles a week

ok this is how i have done it, and do it nowadays......i usually reset my 70 hr clock at home. that can be a disadvantage if u ran "hard" all week an run out jus b4 u get home or right at home. i just went thru not resetting my clock last week and gained like 9.5 hrs back from the monday b4 the one i got home on. i still have yet to find in the rules where it says we gain hrs back from 8 days ago... i mean it makes sense cuz the 1st day of last week falls off.

as far as the one guy askin how to make more miles....7000 miles a week is IMPOSSIBLE regardless how good u r. i mean ud have to never stop at a customer. if i run my logs at 60 mph <which i try to> i can legally run 660 miles a day (w/in 11 hrs a day) which comes out to 4200 miles i ran that week. NO ONE duz that, becuz ur constantly stuck somewhere (shp/cons/maint/wait for disp, etc. take 660times 6 then u have 4 hrs at the end of the week (240 miles). doin that screws ya when it comes to wantin to keep runnin w/o a 34 hr break)

when i was with werner, they had the electronic logs that figured my hrs out so i did alot of split breaks 8 hr sleeper then 2 hr at cons so if i delivered in milton pa, i drove to that petro, shut down for 8 hrs, then went over one exit to cons delivered there, and finished out my break (PLEASE REMEMBER TO DO UR 8 HR BREAK FIRST) i think they changed it to where u had to do 8 hrs 1st back in aug of 05, instead of 2 n 8, or 8 n 2 split that the videos always tell ya about in ur safety meetings or orientation.

hope this waasnt too confusing to understand lol:rofl:
Old 02-22-2009, 04:08 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHLSOFSTL726012 View Post
when i was with werner, they had the electronic logs that figured my hrs out so i did alot of split breaks 8 hr sleeper then 2 hr at cons so if i delivered in milton pa, i drove to that petro, shut down for 8 hrs, then went over one exit to cons delivered there, and finished out my break (PLEASE REMEMBER TO DO UR 8 HR BREAK FIRST) i think they changed it to where u had to do 8 hrs 1st back in aug of 05, instead of 2 n 8, or 8 n 2 split that the videos always tell ya about in ur safety meetings or orientation.

hope this waasnt too confusing to understand lol:rofl:
Newbies: Please disregard the highlighted part. This is incorrect.

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.