User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2008, 12:34 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default mvr question...

I'm thinking of changing companies, and got a ticket about a year and a half ago. Anyway I orderd my mvr from txdps website and got it today. It shows "No reported convictions or accidents with citations in last 3 years." My question is this: Is this usually the same mvr that companies look at, or do they have access to one that may have more info? Sound like a dumb question,i know but please answer as best as you can and thanks ahead of time!
Old 08-17-2008, 03:04 AM
Board Regular

When I went to work for Westar I knew I had 3 violations that were 2 years old but, like you, ran a state MVR and got the no violations noted back. I was honest and told the company what I had (verbally) and showed them the MVR report. I was told that what I had indeed was exactly what they would get back and to not list them on my application. Did so and the MVR came back clear.

My advise, be honest, tell them what you had, show them the clear MVR and ask what they want you to put down. Remember, it is NOT the company that sets their MVR requirements but the insurance companies. The company should work with you if they want you, if not, there are plenty of other companies that will!
Old 08-17-2008, 02:15 PM
Rookie

Thanks for the reply. Thats pretty much what I thought and that was the answer I was hoping for. Yep, the insco is exactly what i'm curious about.I plan on being honest with them and bringing the mvr with me, I just like to be prepared and as ahead of the curve as I can.