User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2008, 01:06 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Drugs, Chickens and a dead cow

Hi, I knew you would read this one. I have a question about drug tests. I have been driving a day truck moving trailers from warehouse to warehouse.
It is going on four years now and haven't done a drug test. Took one when hired. They only test here if you get hurt. Is this something I should bring up with them? Is there DOT law on how often a driver needs to be tested? There are two drivers here. myself and another driver. I never see the other driver we work split shifts, Note: I drive around forty miles a day, all warehouses are less then a mile from main plant. plus I do 12 hours per day. But a lot of my time is just goofing off and working in warehouse when possible. would be greatfull for any advice.
Old 04-04-2008, 05:26 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Drugs, Chickens and a dead cow

Quote:
Originally Posted by krulldogtech
Hi, I knew you would read this one. I have a question about drug tests. I have been driving a day truck moving trailers from warehouse to warehouse.
It is going on four years now and haven't done a drug test. Took one when hired. They only test here if you get hurt. Is this something I should bring up with them? Is there DOT law on how often a driver needs to be tested? There are two drivers here. myself and another driver. I never see the other driver we work split shifts, Note: I drive around forty miles a day, all warehouses are less then a mile from main plant. plus I do 12 hours per day. But a lot of my time is just goofing off and working in warehouse when possible. would be greatfull for any advice.

The current rate of testing is 50%. See: http://www.dot.gov/ost/dapc/rates.html?prog

kc0iv
Old 04-08-2008, 03:47 AM
Board Regular

Retests are random and based on the total number of drivers in the pool. You may work for a company that has only a couple drivers but if your company has you tested by a testing company that has thousands of drivers in it's pool, you may not be selected nearly as often as if your testing company has fewer. I know drivers with our company that have been tested 3 times in the last year alone and 1 that has worked there 8 years and never been tested except for the initial employment test.