User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2008, 03:07 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Drug testing policies!!!!!!

Back in january i had a minor accident and had to take a drug test for my company, and it came up positive. I was fired from the job, and paid for the S.A.P. and counselling on my own. The counsellor even told me i could get a job again he just didn't say with what company. Now I've been looking for a job for about 3 months and have been up front with most of the co. I've applied to or talked with and told them my cituation and i always got the same response( sorry we can't hire you at this time). If you look at almost all applications it says,( Have you ever tested positive or refused to take a pre-employment drug test.) I've always answered no cause it wasn't pre-employment. Am i in the wrong for answering this way or no. Then recently i was hired by this smaller outfit and they have yet to ask or mention anything about my DAC record so i wonder if they even check my DAC. Also my counselor said i should me upfront and honest with co. about my positive test and give them my S.A.P. letter stating how many times i should be tested through out the year. If i do not report this to the company that hired me will it harm me more in the long run?

Thanks to anyone who can answer this for me i'm driving myself batty tring to figure this out.
Old 04-01-2008, 03:15 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Have you ever tested positive or refused to take a pre-employment drug test
If you have tested positive you say yes. If you refused to take a pre-employment drug test you say yes. Seems to me that you should have said yes.

I'm assuming your new employer gave you your pre-employement screen like they are supposed to.

Should you tell them about being sap etc etc - thats up to you and legal advise.
Old 04-01-2008, 03:29 AM
Rookie

maybe i'm misreading it but i assume that it is talking about a pre-employment test and i have never failed a pre-employment test. Yet i've passed them for 8 years with previuos employer, till my incident and its not like i smoked anything. me and my wife went to a card party on new years eve and someone put some stuff in the food that was being served and didn't worn anyone. so now I'm pretty much screwed huh.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:09 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonier5
maybe i'm misreading it but i assume that it is talking about a pre-employment test and i have never failed a pre-employment test. Yet i've passed them for 8 years with previuos employer, till my incident and its not like i smoked anything. me and my wife went to a card party on new years eve and someone put some stuff in the food that was being served and didn't worn anyone. so now I'm pretty much screwed huh.
It really doesn't matter if the company uses D.A.C. or not. They will find the information when they do a background check.

Second point you have to give the new employer the information about your required drug testing program.

kc0iv
Old 04-01-2008, 01:34 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Quote:
me and my wife went to a card party on new years eve and someone put some stuff in the food that was being served and didn't worn anyone
Do you know why people will never believe that excuse? Because everybody uses it. No joke. A large majority of postive drug testers will give that excuse.

Seriously, consider the ramifications of such an act. I know that if I had a friend that put illegal drugs in food they served me, they would be serving jail time, period. Your case begs the question...why didn't you pursue it? Why didn't you file charges?

Old 04-01-2008, 02:11 PM
Rookie

thanks for your sugestions and answers I have started at the new company yestreday. I have filled out all my pre-employment paperwork yesterday before I did my first run. I assume they haven't done the background check yet do I give them drug testing paper work now or do I wait till they ask for it? My substance about conciler says wait till this ask? I
Old 04-03-2008, 10:17 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
me and my wife went to a card party on new years eve and someone put some stuff in the food that was being served and didn't worn anyone
Uh-huh, yeah...right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
]Do you know why people will never believe that excuse? Because everybody uses it. No joke. A large majority of postive drug testers will give that excuse.
Dats right!

Quote:
]Seriously, consider the ramifications of such an act. I know that if I had a friend that put illegal drugs in food they served me, they would be serving jail time, period. Your case begs the question...why didn't you pursue it? Why didn't you file charges?
Very good questions. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that if someone did that to me....there would be extremely "dire" consequences in store for that or those people. Civil suit for a significant dollar amount to make up for my lost income due to some childish bovine feces stunt would be a good start.

Me thinks you, stonier5 be a "troll". Please furnish an address where we can send your free t-shirt with this on the front and back:

:withstupid:

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 04-04-2008, 06:26 AM
Rookie

ok next question does a pre-employment drug test count for a return to duty test? oh ya and at first i thought this was a good place for truckers to come and ask questions, but i guess some people(sky walker) like to ridicule others. nobody is perfect in this world, and with answers like that, calling me a troll thats when road rage sets in. so learn to be kind to others and maybe we"ll be kind to u.
Old 04-04-2008, 11:16 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
ok next question does a pre-employment drug test count for a return to duty test? oh ya and at first i thought this was a good place for truckers to come and ask questions, but i guess some people(sky walker) like to ridicule others. nobody is perfect in this world, and with answers like that, calling me a troll thats when road rage sets in. so learn to be kind to others and maybe we"ll be kind to u.
Any drug test required by your S.A.P. program is separate from regular drug testing.

kc0iv
Old 04-04-2008, 12:19 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Do you know why people will never believe that excuse? Because everybody uses it. No joke. A large majority of postive drug testers will give that excuse.
I remember someone on this very board about a year and a half ago or so using that very excuse. A short time later he began posting pro-pot legalization garbage.