Old 03-06-2008, 05:10 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderingson
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnivillebob
I would just log it line 4 and it would count to my 70 for the week , though I would log 20 hrs for my trip for that day. Aslong as I take a 10 hr break when I get back the yard
Yes, technically you should log your waiting time for your ride on line 4, since you are still "on duty". This would be the same if you had a break down, for instance. If you log 20 hours for that trip, you are in violation! You must take 10 off after 14 hours of combined time on lines 3 and 4. Or after 11 hours of driving.

If this happens on a regular basis, I'd find another job if I were you.
I drive daycab too. There is the 16 hr. rule, which only applies if your run doesn't take you more than 150 miles from your home terminal.

You are wrong about taking a 10 hour break after 14 hours combined line 3 and 4.

You can stay on line 4 as long as you want, you just can't drive again until you take 10 hours off, and you must be under your total 60 or 70 hours to the week too.

So logging 20 hours for the trip is legal, as long as there is less than 11 hours driving logged and there was no driving logged after the 14th hour.

Then take 10 hours off when you get home and good to go again, as long as you stay under the 60 or 70 hour rule!