User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2007, 01:30 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatbedder
If the 34 hr reset is gone isnt this going to affect the regional guys who run hard all week and go home for the weekend to reset their hours? Sounds to me like its just gonna complicate things even more out here on the road. :evil:
Not really. As mentioned before if you average 8.75 hours per day during any 8 day period you will always have hours left over. They may need 2 full days off at home though to really make it work out.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:37 AM
Default herpes

no it was crabs and i got that taken care of....
Old 09-03-2007, 11:24 AM

I just figured that running 5-6 days like a lot of operations do(tmc, maverick) to name a couple, these guys pretty much max their 14 everyday to get the loads done that they get. Even with two days off they still wont have many hours on the monday after the weekend, without the 34 hr restart, will they? cause if you figure it up, say you use 65 hrs in 5 days, even with two days off you still have to count those 65 hrs and you are left with 5 hrs for monday. is that right? I didnt start driving until the 34 was in place, its got me all confused now :shock:
Old 09-03-2007, 04:13 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uturn2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatbedder
If the 34 hr reset is gone isnt this going to affect the regional guys who run hard all week and go home for the weekend to reset their hours? Sounds to me like its just gonna complicate things even more out here on the road. :evil:
Not really. As mentioned before if you average 8.75 hours per day during any 8 day period you will always have hours left over. They may need 2 full days off at home though to really make it work out.
Not argueing with you, Uturn, cuz I don't really know how this will affect anyone besides me.... but....

I read a real good article in this month's The Trucker magazine/paper (which I can't quote exactly since I left it in my truck,) that talked about how MANY of the LTL and/or freight companies had completely redesigned many of their routes, and even closed down some terminals or transferred operations to others, in order to maximize productivity based on the NEW Rules.

It indicated there would be some MAJOR problems for many companies trying to get certain "runs" completed and get the guys home. I'm pretty sure this might affect the paychecks... if not even the JOBS.... of some of their drivers hired out of these "redesigned" terminals.

Just something to think about. Like I said.... I don't know much about LTL or Regional operations and stuff.

Porkchop: This magazine (large and in newsprint) ... more of a tabloid, I guess.... is one of the best I've found! Not EVERY truckstop carries it, but if you check a few, you will find it. This month's issue had several real good articles about this whole mess! You might google THE TRUCKER and see if they have a website. I'm not sure.

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 09-03-2007, 04:24 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh
Quote:
Originally Posted by VitoCorleone99
Assuming that the three-judge panel has had the last word, and that's not an assumption that I would make...

The 11th hour would be dropped. Ten hours in a shift would be the limit.

The 34 hour restart would be dropped. The only way to get hours back would be to wait and pick up whatever you used eight days ago.

The 10 hour break and 14 hour rule would be maintained, as the recent ruling failed (or in the case of the 14 hour rule, refused) to address them.
So in fact, we would get the worst rules of each of the 3 different sets of rules in the past 70 years.
WELL..... that kinda depends on which "camp" you're in! CFM and some like him might feel this is BETTER for the driver, as it limits how much a company can "overwork" you!

On the other hand, if you WANT to be able to drive more and make more money.... you might say your impression is correct.

The 34 hour restart, allowed for something like 12 more hours per week that could be spent driving/working. Companies obviously took advantage of that. Some drivers LIKE it... some might not!

Don't anyone be misled. Public Citizen and PATT challenged the "process" the FMCSA used NOT because they cared about the process, but because they are against the additional time we can spend working!! :roll:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 09-03-2007, 04:26 PM
Board Regular

I maintain my blanket statement that the more government gets involved the worse things are.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:33 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus
I maintain my blanket statement that the more government gets involved the worse things are.
Yeah, that deregulation of trucking thing, sure turned out well for the drivers..
Old 09-13-2007, 04:07 AM
Board Regular

Yes, the HOS are changing, again.
I think this poster meant HOS, not HOA?? Whats HOA? lol....

I heard that the HOS rules might go back to what they were before. My company has a safety meeting next weekend, and they said they will give us the scoop on the new ruling.

I think they should have kept things as they were. You know, the old 10/8 rule.

I can just see this new ruling, as a way to screw us drivers even more.
We'll have to see how it plays out.

GO PACK