User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2007, 09:31 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I have been offered a job with C.W. Johnson Xpress when I get done with the SAP program
Old 07-26-2007, 09:40 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danske
Quote:
You ask for someone who has been thru the S.A.P. program. Well I have. I failed the random drug test ( refused test - couldn't urinate ).
How did this happen? I can understand going to a drug test and not being able to urinate at that moment. But, I would wait however long it takes and do whatever to give them my sample. I wouldn't jeopardize my job and career because I had trouble urinating.

I don't disbelieve you at all about your NOT using drugs, but how did you get a refused test? Does the drug testing lab only give so much time? Was it a reasonable amount of time(eg. 2-4 hours, but not 24 hours!)?

I have been drug tested many times and I haven't had this problem. I do know that it can happen, but how much time were you giving?

Thanks,

Two things happened. 1) I had just taken a leak less than 10 minutes before I was notified of the random drug test. The testing location is less than 1 1/2 miles from the terminal. 2) I have an enlarged prostate which causes me to have problems urinating. In my case it was more than 12 hours before I had to go again after the random.

I was given 2 hours for the complete time I was at the testing lab.

At the end of the 2 hours I was given the options to give a FULL sample. Failing to give a full sample I was declared -- Refused test. The MRO refused to accept my condition since I had not seen a doctor for over six months. Even after the Doctor advised him of my condition. I had contacted my doctor and he even took a blood test less than 48 hours after the clinic declared me -- refused to test. But the MRO will not accept a blood test for a drug test.

What was bad is I had just taken a random less than 2 weeks before. But since it was a new month my number came up again. Wasn't I lucky.

I was like you I had away been able to pass the drug test before. But this time I couldn't give the sample in the allot time.

As far as doing drugs. I have never used drugs. Drugs use when I was growing up didn't occur. I graduated in 1963. At least not in the towns I grew up in. Let me put it this way I was a junior in high school before I went to a school with more than 150 students in the whole school.

It is all history now. I retired over 2 years ago.

kc0iv
Old 07-26-2007, 10:12 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I am surprised they would not accept a blood test in lieu of a urine test. It seems to me as though you did everything you could to comply with their wishes.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:33 PM
Board Icon

Kaycee: Not that it matters anymore, but check out part 40.191 and furhter.

The MRO acted irresponsibly, and owes you $600 bucks for the classes!

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:22 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN
I am surprised they would not accept a blood test in lieu of a urine test. It seems to me as though you did everything you could to comply with their wishes.
As strange as it seems D.O.T. is the one that will not accept a blood test. Nor will the accept a hair sample. Which even the D.O.T. admits are much better test.

kc0iv
Old 07-27-2007, 12:33 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo
Kaycee: Not that it matters anymore, but check out part 40.191 and furhter.

The MRO acted irresponsibly, and owes you $600 bucks for the classes!
The only thing that wasn't done by the book was the waiting time. I should have had 2 hours AFTER I first was ask for the sample.

And not being advised NOT to give a sample if I couldn't give a full amount.

Believe me I spent weeks talking and faxing everyone trying to resolve my problem.

kc0iv
Old 08-01-2007, 05:19 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc0iv
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN
As strange as it seems D.O.T. is the one that will not accept a blood test. Nor will the accept a hair sample. Which even the D.O.T. admits are much better test.

kc0iv
The whole medical industry is the culprits. They 'try' to show their worth by invalidating candidates with no other supporting evidence based soley on 'procedural rules' made in part by the doctors and/or their lobbyists themselves.

Doctors don't help people get well, since lose money that way. The drug test industry with 'procedural rules' influenced by doctors themselves, is a scam. Sure they filter some drivers who just go to smaller companies, but the 'procedural rules' are what disqualifies a significant portion of innocent drivers and NOT the positive tests.

Hitler was big on zero tolerance policies too I believe.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:23 PM
Senior Board Member

The problem lies with the PILL POPPING society that we live in and have lived in since the 60's. We as a society want instant gratification and to make the symptoms to go away, if one doctor will not give us the satisfaction and stuff pretty pills down our throats, then we will go to another doctor who will. The enemy is again, society who eat junk, don't care of themselves until they are truly ill and then want the doctor to cure them in minutes.. after all there's an important show on TV they might miss.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:33 PM
Senior Board Member

Fozzy
Having just gone thru two life threatening events ( stroke & heart attack) I would have to totally agree with you Fozzy.

While I wasn't concerned about some TV program I sure wasn't a poster boy for good health. Now I have to change my habits and live a better lifestyle.

ddog
As far as 'procedural rules' I lay the blame on the D.O.T. The are slow to accept new procedures. Which maybe caused by resistance from drug companies. In my case either a hair test or a blood test would have proved I had not taken illegal drugs.

I would have to disagree that doctors don't want people to get well. Yes I'm sure in a very small number of doctors that over test to defended themselves in possible lawsuits. And even a few that won't accept a better treatment.

But by and large I think Fozzy hit the nail on the head. We don't take care of yourself and expect doctors to perform miracles when something happens. I know in my cases I had two stokes and two heart attacks before I finally determined I was the one who had to change.

As to my drug test yes a 'procedural rules' got in the way. But even with that being said the major problem was the trucking industry. After it was determined I didn't have a drug problem the industry still said NO.

My recommendation for drivers is to take care of themselves and when a problem arises get medical help before it becomes a major problem.

kc0iv