User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2007, 08:29 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Need some advice

My license was recently reinstated and I received a new driver's license. I went to the DMV to get a copy of my driving record so I'll know whats on there. The report only shows what on there for my new license. They don't have anything showing my past tickets. When it comes to talking to a recruiter, how do I get records for the past ticket? The tickets were ten years old and one is only about 5 years old. I don't want to be terminated for not disclosing all my past and I dont know when I received my past ticket. How do I retreive the other DMV records. I live in Oklahoma and they only go back 3 years. Plus, the ticket I got 5 years ago, was for driving under suspesion. And I didn't have a driver's license to give the officer. Why doesn't that show up at all. But it shows up when i pull up the Oklahoma district court files. Any one know what to do?
Old 07-16-2007, 08:34 PM
Senior Board Member

For starters you need to read the applications carefully and only give them the information they ask for. I have only filled out a couple of applications that asked for traffic citations over 3 years, but yes a few do ask for the past 7 years.

If you know the number of your last DL then ask for the MVR from it. However, depending on how long your state DMV keeps records for various offenses it may not be on there either.