User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2007, 07:45 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Don't talk to your former employer any more, do not pass go, do not collect $200, CALL YOUR ATTORNEY!

I also would contact the companies insurance company myself, don't take the company's word, they had to have insurance that by law covers medical on the occupants of the truck and anyone else injured in the accident.

If you don't have the insurance company's name, get an accident report, it will be on that. Your attorney will probably do this for you though.

Good luck and let us know how it all comes out!
Old 06-24-2007, 08:04 PM
Senior Board Member

yeah u definitely need an attorney
Old 06-25-2007, 06:18 AM
Rookie
Default little update

the plot gets thicker, After talking briefly to my now previous employer, he is telling me that if asked to say that he told me that my co-driver could not drive and that i told him to drive...
wtf?!

well i told him i do not even think so, and hes saying he does not have the money to help me go to a clinic, so I'm going tomorrow in the morning, then when i get back i will attempt to find a lawyer who is willing to accept such a case with no up-front fee's.

after talking to some people in my little town who know my co driver i found out some interesting news as well.

turns out he is collecting disability for a mental retardation and is unable to hold any job due to his illness, he obtained his CDL from SWIFT and for what ever reason did not continue past two days for his training.

I'm starting to wonder now if maybe SWIFT is now liable for providing him with a CDL?

does anyone know perhaps what kind of settlement i could be looking at?
I was already a month behind on my bills and now I'm pretty much screwed as far as bringing home a check. and to make things worse i don't even feel safe enough to drive my personal vehicle, how gay is that?

i feel like a damn child.

cheers
Old 06-25-2007, 02:48 PM
Board Regular
Default Re: little update

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidhtn
the plot gets thicker, After talking briefly to my now previous employer, he is telling me that if asked to say that he told me that my co-driver could not drive and that i told him to drive...
wtf?!

well i told him i do not even think so, and hes saying he does not have the money to help me go to a clinic, so I'm going tomorrow in the morning, then when i get back i will attempt to find a lawyer who is willing to accept such a case with no up-front fee's.

after talking to some people in my little town who know my co driver i found out some interesting news as well.

turns out he is collecting disability for a mental retardation and is unable to hold any job due to his illness, he obtained his CDL from SWIFT and for what ever reason did not continue past two days for his training.

I'm starting to wonder now if maybe SWIFT is now liable for providing him with a CDL?

does anyone know perhaps what kind of settlement i could be looking at?
I was already a month behind on my bills and now I'm pretty much screwed as far as bringing home a check. and to make things worse i don't even feel safe enough to drive my personal vehicle, how gay is that?

i feel like a damn child.

cheers
you should not have a problem finding a lawyer that will take your case as most accident and injury lawyers take a percentage of the money you win they do not get paid hourly. hence the tern "ambulance chasers"
Old 06-25-2007, 04:40 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Swift did not provide him with a CDL. The state did.